Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DAMN-They sure have changed Sears Point-Ive been to California Speedway, Vegas, And Phoenix for Nascar before this-Been to Portland, The old Ontario, Vancouver, and Laguna Seca for Cart-Been to many short tracks and drag strips-This was the best spectator show of any of those-Theyve literally moved mountains at Sears point to make better viewing-And it works-Any of you No Cal Supra guys-Ever run SCCA at this track?-Just Curious-Our seats were at start finish w/pit boxes right in front of us-Can see 75% of track from any seat there-Some more than that-Robby Gordon did victory Donuts in 40FT wide Pit Lane right in front of us :lol: -OK-One drawback to this track-PARKING and ACCESS-No freeways for 60 Miles around track-Heard several people talk about 4 Hour(!) wait times in line-We got there before gates opened-No prob-But took 3
Hours to get to Freeway-Drove 725 Miles in one sitting after that-Next year, taking more time off.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yea, sears is really nice now. I was there, but I was sitting at turn 7. You can see most of the track there too. That was the best seat (it's where everyone was spinning out) :shock: I loved that 3 car tandem drift on turn 7. I thought I was watching an options video :D. Traffic wasn't so bad on the way up. I went up 121 around 11-11:30. It was smooth sailing. Unfortunately, it took aboiut 1hr just to get to Napa on the way back. It was fun, tho. Made me want to take my car out on the track!!

Christian

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
I watched it on TV... does that count?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Now I know why Mike hasn't been harassing me lately :p You suck :D I had to watch it on TV also :cry:
I agree with racefiend,that 3 car ballet was cool to watch.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
that three car ballet was awesome, i was just laughing, like you couldn't have it happen like that again...it was even a great race to watch on tv.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey-I saw it on TV also-The GIANT screen in front of grandstand- :twisted: -Synchronized Spinning is gonna be Olympic sport now-Hee Hee

·
Registered
138 Posts
hell yeah that drift was cool as hell :D but im pretty sure they didnt mean to do it!

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Had to climb the mountain to retrieve our car, then drive back down for the wife-She saw whole race while waiting-I saw parts-Looked like the Jags had em all covered-Didnt see the replay yet on speed-I thought it was lousy scheduling-Stay for Trans-Am, and you dont get to I-5 Til when?Today?- :roll:

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
I haven't been to Sears Point since they levelled all the mountains. I've been to pretty much all the NASCAR races there since the started up to a few years ago. I've spent many 6hr drives just trying to get out of the parking lot. The best way is to come in a motor home the day before and stay after the race and cook dinner and let the lot clear out. Leaving Sears Point just plain sucks. I've been to Fontana and we got out of the parking lot in less than 15 minutes. Although the racing at Fontana was just boring, it looks a lot better on TV. My dad is a big NASCAR fan and I just tag along. Did I tell you I beat Jeff Gordon in a 2 lap race in NASCAR Racing? We usually went to the Dupont Hospitality tent and I got randomly picked to race Jeff on the computer. This was when I was practicing like crazy in the game at the time. You could say I smoked him :) . I got a signed jacket out of the deal, which I gave to my dad. NASCAR drivers are actually pretty cool in person. Ran into a lot of them at local resturants, especially when we were going to Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife fell asleep at Fontana during a race :oops: -I was there by myself during the race when Greg Moore got killed :cry: -Stupid damn Fontana made you buy season tickets to get Nascar seats :mad: -Went to Nascar w Wife-Went to CART alone-3 Years of that was all we did-Next time at Sears Im heading north on 101 out of the West bound Hwy 37 Gate-All the way to Hwy 20 or 299 or sumthin-Lake Berryessa maybe-Screw that Hwy 12 Crap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts