Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Any time it rains I find the seatbelt wet. Has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it? I realize that that means somehow water is getting in there and I can't seem to figure out how. Any help would be apreciated.

·
Registered
257 Posts
1 word SUNROOF. try cleaning the drain tubes out or make sure its closing all the way.
Brian

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Brian's response is probably right. Check the sunroof drains first.

It could also be water getting in under the moulding at the bottom of the triangular rear quarter windows. Very common on Mk2's.
A long shot would be that your wheel wells have rusted out at the top of the wheel arch, creating a hole there. Fairly common on Mk2's. Driving in the rain will then throw water up and through that hole. It will then run down the inside of the wheel arch both towards the front and the back of the car. This will cause the rear quarters to rust through behind the rear wheels and may give wet seatbelts too, but only after driving, not if the car is parked.

·
Registered
245 Posts
ok lets say the car is parked and you got no sunroof and your seatbelts still get wet. what now?? i just can not seem to find where the leak is. i have had the whole side of the interior torn apart and nothing.

jeremy

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Jeremy,

Car parked, no sunroof, and still wet seatbelts after a rain?
Sounds like you have a leak around the rear quarter windows (triangular shaped windows behind the doors). Remove the moldings and see how well the glass is sealed in there.

Where else could it come from?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, leaks in the rear quarter windows are fun. Mine developed one awhile ago (don't know exactly when) and by the time I figured it out an pulled it apart, I had about 2 inches of standing water in the back left storage area (actually, it was the sound of sloshing water when I turned hard that tipped me off :oops: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts