Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
amazing!... funny what people like to do.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I want one!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Fugly - I can only ask why? I guess people modify all types of things, and take joy in it. Me - not this one

·
Registered
629 Posts
customizing a dog

I bought a 90's Ford Aerostar many years ago for my ex-wife. That was her 2nd Found On Road Dead --the first was a Tempo. My brother also owned a Taurus that he was originally very proud of, but soon grew to hate.

I'm sorry to any Ford fans out there. Some of the trucks and Mustangs of earlier days and today might be better engineered, but the econo Fords of the 80's and early 90's are pieces of shit!

The interior dash and trim (not just on tempos and Aerostars but also many 80's and early 90's Stangs I've seen) seem designed to break and fall apart. Tail lights (on Tempo) were ultrasonically welded on, so when replaced they had to be glued back on! Never looked right again. Disposable cars designed to keep Americans consuming new cars.

I think this mentality by the American Big 3 to design disposable cars, is what allowed the Japanese to win the market beginning in the 80's.

It has always amazed me that someone would devote considerable time and money to customize a vehicle, but begin with a platform that is a piece of shit like an Aerostar.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Ford quality aside, I've owned one (work with three) and never will again (except maybe a Mustang) I like it. I have no idea why. My cousin for while owned a Vega that had been turned into a El Camino like thing so I guess weird cars runs in the blood.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow :SM130 (1):nice Fuckin Old Rusty Dilldoe
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :woohoo:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah, Ford changed to disposable cars sometime in the late 70's, and anything from the 80's or 90's is a POS. Just like GM and Mopar. Possibly a fast POS, but still...

OLD Fords are a different story. They do have their issues, but the damn things are designed to be wrenched on and keep running. Of course, we are talking 60's or earlier, so that was true of a lot of American cars.

As toward the Rancherostar... so much well done work to make something ugly. I just don't get it. It kinda looks like it should have "Playskool" stamped on the side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts