Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the following email without any previous dealings with this person and am completely not interested in looking at this type of auction!

Email came from [email protected]

Somebody please inform me what I should do - I'll be complaining to eBay and Yahoo and blocking this specific sender, but is that all I can do?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this item for sale at eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM, and thought
that you might be interested.

Title of item: 12- YARDS OF FABRIC FOR QUILTING OR CRAFTING
Seller: supraowner
Starts: Jul-15-03 14:10:58 PDT
Ends: Jul-22-03 14:10:58 PDT
Price: Currently $24.50
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2335461681

Item Description:
THESE FABRICS ARE CUT IN 3 YARD LENGTHSEACH FOR A TOTAL OF 12 YARDS
# 1 is aTHE KESSLERS fabriccranberry background with
green leaves & small acorns in brown & orange
# 2 is aBEAUTIFUL pumpkin color with a design of white
in it really a beautiful fabric
# 3 is a S&A (WILLOW GLEN) fabric tan background with
purple to a darker purple flower with 2 tone brown leaves .
#4 is a GREAT DESIGN fabric for fillinspurple background with small white
flowers & a light lavender leaves

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
What are the board's policies toward spam emailers

:2gunfire: :snipersm: -----------------> spam Emailers

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What does that have to do with these forums?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
My .02 cents is you may not have gotten it on purpose. I've been getting some e-mails that I know didn't come from the sender so it may have happended to you as well.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
zankone said:
What are the board's policies toward spam emailers

:2gunfire: :snipersm: -----------------> spam Emailers
This being a PHP based forum, the odds of an email address being "harvested" by an email spyder are extremely slim. I seriously doubt the SPAM happened as a result of being registered with this forum.

I get a ton of SPAM daily, and if it wasn't for a couple of SPAM filters I have set up (one at the email server level and one at the local PC level) I would have to sift through a LOT of it.

SPAMMERS should be :twak: smacked...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Ive also gotten a lot of spam from people with supra sounding names. I think, "ooh look, someone from the forum sent me an email!", and I look and it is some kind of advertisement or some crap. Very annoying. I cant exactly filter the word "supra" from my email :mad: I dont think it is coming from here, but Im on SF as well, maybe it is coming from there...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spam email from members of this board.

If 'quick' doesn't see the significance of my post in this "General Chat" forum and the fact that the ebay user's ID is "supraowner" and that the owner of said user ID could very likely have gotten my email address from this forum, then this board may very well need some new moderators or I could just quit posting here and contributing to this forum AND request that my information be removed from this board's membership registry.

I'm a member of z31.com and never had this sort trouble with that board, although I haven't posted there in at least 6 months...

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
- Where did you get the idea that I was being critical of you?

- Additionally, please help me understand how someone with the name 'supraowner' must have come from this board.

- Sorry that I somehow offended you with my 9 word question. Please relax and take a deep breath. Everything is going to be ok.

If you have a problem with me personally then be a man and email me and we'll talk about this offline. My question was in no way offensive toward you.
-Chris

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Spam email from members of this board.

Welcome to the world of spam. Either unplug your machine or learn to hit a delete button. There is no way you can say it came from here.
The attitude you are displaying doesnt post well. Id suggest editing your "reasoning".

Heres a helpful suggestion. Next time you register online or change it here on your profile to an email server from a free site like yahoo. That way you can be assured your personal mailbox is never compromised.

Good luck,

Supraowner

DudeZXT said:
If 'quick' doesn't see the significance of my post in this "General Chat" forum and the fact that the ebay user's ID is "supraowner" and that the owner of said user ID could very likely have gotten my email address from this forum, then this board may very well need some new moderators or I could just quit posting here and contributing to this forum AND request that my information be removed from this board's membership registry.

I'm a member of z31.com and never had this sort trouble with that board, although I haven't posted there in at least 6 months...

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Hi Dude,

1. We do not need a new moderator.
2. I recommend you follow my advice below

Malloy said:
Delete it. :banghead:
3. We are in no way giving your email to potential spammers. Sidman covered the other scenario.
4. You are not allowed to leave over such a small misunderstanding. I make sure contributing members can NEVER leave ;)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
DudeZXT and I are taking this offline. He PM-ed me and it looks like he misunderstood my question.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
How can you prevent this? Very easy, most modern forums, including this one, give mulitple ways of contacting you to other members through your posts. When you register you can select to receive Private Messages through the board, and/or emails. You have selected both. There is nothing stopping anyone from clicking on the little email button at the bottom of your post and harvesting your email. There are people on the net that do nothing but search for emails to add to spam lists. If this is a concern to you, you need to be very careful about releasing your email publicly on the net. Maybe that email was harvested through this forum, maybe not. If your worried about it go into your preferences and disable the email option, PM is enough on its own. Thats what I do.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick

To quick:

Sorry, Dude!

I've had people get in my face about things I've said, before, so I wanted to stop it/'nip it in the bud', if that's what you were doing.

Guess I misunderstood what exactly you were saying...
:drinking: :crazyeye: :silly: Where's the emoticon for :smack: ?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
No sweat. I totally understand where you're coming from.
You're looking for this one, btw. :pat: ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts