Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i pulled my 7mgte for some major upgrades and to freshen up the seals. Ive also remove my air conditioning parts and would like to clean up the engine bay a bit.

I want to have heat and able to use my winshield wipers still...but other than that what out of this mess can i remove and still have usable things like headlights and whatever is essential.

I know i have to loop the heater hoses on the head and use those 2 ports on the firewall i think to run coolant throught the heater core.

Any of you photoshop guys that can cirlce items on my pics to show what can be removed..please do so, maybe others can learn from this too.

Can I remover that gold can looking thing on the frame rail with the 2 vacuum lines running out of it?

the 2 vacuum lines that run to to firewall i assume operate the heater controls..can i just hook a vacuum source to these with out any of the other parts in the engine bay?

BTW...the supra was an Auto and I converted it to a manual..so if you see any left over auto stuff in there that can be removed..lmk please...thx.

thanks..Jake

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
How involved do you wish to get?

I removed my under hood light.

Relocated my headlight retractor relay to under the passenger headlight.

Relocated my battery and entire fuse box to the hatch along with EFI relay 2.

Removed cruise control (can still be bolted back in)

Aftermarket coolant reservoir tucked down in the corner where the battery was.

Removed washer reservoir and am working on using the rear bag mounted inside the passenger fender.

Removed charcoal canister and all associated lines. Plugged line at the tank and use a vented fuel cap.

As far as the VSV's for the heater vac lines, I have not attempted to make my heat work again yet so I am not sure what is needed.

A firewall plug from a non A/C celica works well when A/C is removed, learned that from Damon.

http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=36982 My fuse block relocation thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts