Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im just wondering what the install of AEM EMS will allow me to remove (besides the afm :))

It would be nice if I could get rid of my god-awful cps. It looks so ugly just sitting right there, I know driftmotion sells a neat little cps cover for a reason, is this because people with standalones don't need it?

I plan to pull the 7m, block and head shaved, 2.0 hks mhg, probe pistons, forged rods, check all bearings and inspect head, ect... 57 trim ct26 turbo, drilled out jtube, 550cc injectors, mkiv fuel pump, hks ssqv, one step colder plugs, new plug wires, full 3 inch from turbo back, upgraded fmic + piping + rad, afpr, spec II stage clutch (w58), map conversion with iat, other various sensors and gauges such as wideband, new gaskets wherever needed.

My engine bay right now looks pretty cramped and ugly.

·
Super Moderator
8,270 Posts
You can't replace the CPS unless you add another position sensor. What you can remove depends upon what you want to delete and how you want to run the engine. Frankly the mods you list don't require an AEM.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fully aware that I could easily meet my power goal (around 450hp) with much much cheaper solutions, ie: lexus afm 550's and a nicely tuned safc, or even maftpro.

I just like all the jazz that aem includes, who can say no to antilag. :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Where the FUCK, are my plugs punk !!!!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
...your exhaust turbine.

--billyM
He speaks truth, but its so nice leaving on 15lbs!

AEM will allow the removal of AFM and O2 sensors mainly. You will need to add a MAP and a AIT sensor for the car to run. Beyond that there is nothing else major. You can ditch the Idle Air, but its a pain (I know first hand) and you can run off of a multitude of custom sensor setups.

Its only real pro's are all the little things, progressive boost, nitrous control, anti-lag, logging, and multiple fuel maps.

I love having mine, but it deff. requires a lot of attention to detail if your going to do it yourself, other wise it requires a large wallet.

·
Registered
906 Posts
*does not have shawn's plugs

--billyM
And, I wouldn't call you a punk and swear at you ... in public :zzzzz: well, maybe not :naughty:

Kinda hard to help others, when some people don't follow through with commitments ... calling them out in personal thread, amkes for good entertainment for me.

Sent PM's, think I got the run around ... guess I'll just stalk his threads, until I get what is righfully mine. At least, when I owe someone something, I stay in contact. -- Yeah, i know I'm not logged in often, but, I've had the same phone # for years, and sp20_us at yahoo.com, has been my "active" email, since the day I got the internet.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And, I wouldn't call you a punk and swear at you ... in public :zzzzz: well, maybe not :naughty:

Kinda hard to help others, when some people don't follow through with commitments ... calling them out in personal thread, amkes for good entertainment for me.

Sent PM's, think I got the run around ... guess I'll just stalk his threads, until I get what is righfully mine. At least, when I owe someone something, I stay in contact. -- Yeah, i know I'm not logged in often, but, I've had the same phone # for years, and sp20_us at yahoo.com, has been my "active" email, since the day I got the internet.
PM'd.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He speaks truth, but its so nice leaving on 15lbs!

AEM will allow the removal of AFM and O2 sensors mainly. You will need to add a MAP and a AIT sensor for the car to run. Beyond that there is nothing else major. You can ditch the Idle Air, but its a pain (I know first hand) and you can run off of a multitude of custom sensor setups.

Its only real pro's are all the little things, progressive boost, nitrous control, anti-lag, logging, and multiple fuel maps.

I love having mine, but it deff. requires a lot of attention to detail if your going to do it yourself, other wise it requires a large wallet.
Thanks for the useful reply. I already knew that I need a map and ait sensor to run, I was just wondering if I could ditch anything else. But I guess not, so this thread may be closed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts