Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, NO Supra's.
Please. Let them rest in peace.

But let's hear about all the other cars that have been laid to rest.

• No matter how tragic.
  • No matter how cheap.
  • No matter how expensive.
  • NO HOLDS BARRED.

Come on..... I know you've destroyed a car or two in your time!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine is my old commuter, 1978 Toyota Corolla. It was this 4 door nightmare. I picked it up cheap as hell. Barely running. I only had a 5 mile commute, so I rolled the dice. It had bald tires on it. No kidding... not a tread groove to be seen.

I'm rolling along in Fairwood one morning, actually doing LESS than the speed limit for once, when this tool shed pulled out in front of me - AND STOPPED! Wet roads, though I don't remember if it was because of rain or dew. Anyways, I had no choice but to broad side him. He was literally in my lane.

It was kind of amusing at the time. He saw me coming, and instead of continuing out, he just parked it there, right in front of me. So, with my bald tires the brakes grabbed and the tires skidded. I practically parked that stupid car in his back seat.

I remember the entire scene in slow motion. His eyes bugged out of his head, but was unable to do anything. It's never made sense to me. Me... in my rolling pile of crap, could do nothing to avoid him. I stood on the brake pedal, and pushed on the steering wheel as hard as I could... trying to will the car to a stop. Actually, I think when the brakes locked up, the car SPED UP!

Both cars were totaled, but the cops never said anything about my tires. Admittedly, I was sweatting the whole time. Towed away, and I never looked back at it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
At age 19, wrecked my first car.

1989 Chevy Beretta. it was a good car, reliable, would do over a hundred easy, and fit 5.

Rolled a stop sign, and was hit on the passenger front quarter, which caused the other car (mid 80s toyota tercell that was speeding) to use my hood as a ramp. He flipped onto his roof and slid a half block.
My first thought upon exiting my wrecked car was that it looked like a movie scene with the car upside down and smoking.

The impact spun my car 180 degrees facing back the way i came, and enough force went through the frame of the car to put a two foot crack from the dashboard all the way down through the center console/shifter surround.

Luckily, no serious injuries, considering my GF and her little sis were in the car on the side that was hit. Everyone walked away from the accident, the other guy was ok and my insurance co paid out $15k, and dropped me from their coverage. My next insurance went to $2500 a year. Ouch.
I've never run a stop sign or red light since. Check. lesson learned.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
88 toyo sr-5 ran to the ground
90 toyo sr - 5 ran to ground

everything else I bought cheap and fixed up jeep wrangler bought new and lifted. jHave to RamAir trans Ams in the garage since new, cant mention how many supras buts its about 8 RIP

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
I've been nice with my cars. I fix them up and keep them, and since I've started driving on my own I still have my first car (1988 camry). 4 years approaching. BUT I did strip a complete 1991 camry for pieces to keep this one going. The first car I "destroyed" if you will. Dont have much the budget to buy shit to destroy it lol Shell went to the crusher

Still saving my ass till this day. Replaced my blown transmission with the one from this car a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I learned lessons like that 20 years ago. Would have saved me a lot of heartache.

The first car I totaled, I did it TWICE!

My dads 1980 Honda Accord 2 door HB. First time, I took a 10 mph corner at about 40. The tires broke free and I slid it sideways into the curb and folded the passenger tires laterally under the car.

Dad bought the car back from the insurance company, fixed it and continued to use it as his commuter car.

Then, months later when I got cocky again, I had a head-on collision with an 18 wheeler and folded the front end down to the point that the wheels weren't on the ground anymore. The front quarter panels pushed back OVER the doors and prevented them from being opened. I had to get out through the window.

Completely totaled the car and hardly scratched the rig. More or less pushed his bumper back to the wheel. Before he left the scene, he took this giant steel bar and "forced" the bumper back to it's original position. Called it good.

By far my worst accident ever.

Dad took the insurance money and bought a corvette. Needless to say, I didn't get to drive THAT car.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

Someone thought big rocks would make the road look cool. I missed one and found the other with the passenger side tire. Few lessons learned here. I went back out the following week and to my suprise the rocks were gone.
I loved this car, put a ton of time and money into it. 1985 Celica Gt-s. Fresh engine and around 100k on shell. Ended up settling for my Supra because I couldn't find a nice gt-s.

Oh and door strip was intact, sold to a friend, This car was really clean.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
dude how did you manage this with a 60 hp carbureted accord? :confused: no hate but this is a serious question
manage what? An accident?

I was 16, stupid, thought I was bulletproof. The accident that completely destroyed that car happened without me ever seeing it coming. I was driving up a hill into the afternoon sun. It was directly in my eyes and blinding. I made a quick decision to watch the side of the road instead of directly in front of me.

That's when it happened. The 18 wheeler wasn't going very fast, but I was. I never saw him. I just plowed head long into him as if he wasn't there. His forward momentum not only stopped me cold but INSTANTLY had me going in reverse. It was an extremely violent crash.

60 hp? I'd be surprised if it had that... but even that's enough ponies to be crazy, stupid, and deadly.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Ive toasted so many cars I have a hard time discussing them here.
Lets see.
Lets start from the top.

I was driving a 95 2 door Geo Metro and my friend was driving a 92 ranger, and he hit a cow, and I hit the back of him.... Accident wasnt reported.

I was driving a 90 izuzu pup ext cab pick up when a mustang 4 cyl pulled out infront of me. I barely had time to turn my truck sideways. I had a ranch hand bumper. My truck was fine, the mustang was totalled. I turned the truck sideways doing 70 and my rear bumper met her front bumper directly. Just barely clipped her. Her fault for pulling out infront of me. This accident was reported.

My 88 300zx Turbo was stolen then wrecked into a telephone pole about a half mile away. Guess they couldnt handle the 360rwhp it produced.

Knocked a hole in an oilpan of a 79 454 chevy dually.

Had an 88 camry that blew a head gasket, fixed this then gave it to a friend who just had a baby.

Had a 97 Nissan pickup that bent a valve and fucked the head

Broke the crankshaft in half on a 81 Ford Truck with a 302

I bought a 79 Toyota truck with a 20R in it, and it only made it 69 miles before the motor blew up. yes it had oil, it just hadnt been inspected since 1989. Yes, i have a picture with the 2009 tag and the 89 tag BOTH on the window.

Ran a 79 Datsun 510 Bluebird until the wheels fell off it. Not really, but the car had so many miles on it.

had a 73 Race beetle that an 18 wheeler ran over. Luckily i wasnt in the car or id be a grease spot.

had a 92 vw corrado the plastic timing chain guides for the vr6 turned to dust and ruined that motor.

I had an 88 acura integra I bought for 600 bucks I ran into the ground and then sold for 600 bucks.

Ive had other vehicles but I just sold them and didnt fell the need to list them or And i own 3 currently. 82 Turd-cel with a 3AC, 92 Mazda navajo 4x4 and now my 84 Poopra.

Hint Hint People. I buy really cheap cars.
I rarely spend more than 1500 on a car.
I hate monthly notes of anykind. And some of these vehicles I had for a couple years, others I only had for a day, others a couple months...
I DID work as a mechanic for VW so im not horrible on cars anymore.
Several of those were me in highschool or right after highschool.
im 27 now, and ive had something like 15 cars... hhahah.. sad..
Any car ive had in the past 5 years has been reliable and golden to me and me to it.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
it was 68 hp. Ok I was having a hard time believing you just up and rammed into a rig, so I thought there must have been a good explanation!

·
Registered
34 Posts
RIP:

06 Mazdaspeed 6: rear pass axel, diff mount, piston 4 through the block

96 Toyota Camry: Rolled, slide 85ft on roof

02 Toyota Tacoma: side impact

:laugh:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it was 68 hp. Ok I was having a hard time believe you just up and rammed into a rig, so I thought there must have been a good explanation!
A good explanation? I don't know about that. I *DO* know that I was about freak'n retarded when it came to common sense back then (about 20 years ago) and I'm glad I'm not that way anymore. Now I take great pride in my vehicles and take care of them. May also have something to do with the fact that they were purchased with my money, and have invested my time in them.

I believe you respect a car more if you purchased it with your own money and work on it with your own hands. Far less likely to abuse it, but "true accidents" really do happen.

·
Registered
357 Posts
78(?) Impala
80(?) corolla
89 dynasty
93(?) taurus

to make a long story short... there's a big field behind my house, my brother sometimes gets cars for cheap, and the demolition ensues.

·
Registered
311 Posts
i destroyed a 2005 mitsubishi eclipse wrapped it on a tree. and i tried to destroy a 93 kia sportage but the bugger just wouldnt die. we rolled it jumped it drove it threw thick mud and its still alive.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Destroyed:

'84 Celica gt-s. Bent floor pan, and K frame from running off of the road, and hitting a metal drain pipe.

Wrecked:

Dads '99 Dodge Dakota. Just got my license, and thought sliding down the dirtroad would be fun. I found the ditch. It's been fixed. My dad DD's it.

Accidentally ruined:

'74 Jeep CJ-5. Didn't know a rat had gotten under the dash, and chewed some wires. Started it up, and was letting it idle. Looked back a few seconds later, and it was still running, thought it was on fire, and smoking. I still have that jeep.

·
Registered
177 Posts
When i was around 16 to 18 i use to have a dodge colt me and my buddy taped a camra to the hood. When it was my turn to get on the roof we ripped around for a while then he hit a tree car was shot and i wasnt hurt at all. stupid things kids do lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
When i was around 16 to 18 i use to have a dodge colt me and my buddy taped a camra to the hood. When it was my turn to get on the roof we ripped around for a while then he hit a tree car was shot and i wasnt hurt at all. stupid things kids do lol
but how did the camera fair in the midst of all the carnage?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Today I got cut off by some tool that thinks its cool to hit the brakes for no reason what so ever, then the guy behind him slams on the brakes causing a domino effect I'm next and slam on the brakes, no abs, tires lock up, start pumping, ass end starts sliding, counter-steering but it just keeps fish tailing. This was on the highway so semi trucks all around, either go into the middle lane or hit the guardrail, no shoulder at that section. So I don't really plan on but it just happened, with the proper turn of the wheel I drift back across my lane, towards the guardrail, and counter steer just before I hit, tap the rear bumper and tire (rear bumper was already chipped by previous owner) and that got it out of the fish tail and I continue to pull over to inspect everything.

The Guard rail was fine, I have a wobble in the rim, but its just a steelie so no big loss. I'll see any under the wheel damage tomorrow.

Edit* Not a supra, my ninety four caravan winter beater. No big loss, and barely any damage

1 - 20 of 23 Posts