Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 3562 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Added a hatch release for my keyless system. The stock cable still opens the lower/body side so if this fails or no power the hatch can still be opened.
Had to tap 2 holes which I wasn't too happy about, just have to check for rust every so often.
Mounds are 3d printed. Uses a relay, also in the hatch to activate the actuator.

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Finally got some 45 DCOE carbs. I have some more on the way so I will have a matched set of 45 DCOE 9's.

IMAG0180~2 by williamb82, on Flickr

I have the full intake and ignition part of this kit except the surge tank and Mikuni carbs. If someone has this catalog, PLEASE scan it in the highest resolution possible and send it to me. I am trying to find the specs on the camshafts.
95257684_10156692427326371_8921402601489039360_n~2 by williamb82, on Flickr

I found out the reluctor is from a 79-81 280zx. THe distributor cap is for a 87 Maxima, but the rotor is not, it is slightly shorter. I will take the old one to the auto parts store and try to match it up soon. Im thinking 84 300zx.
IMAG0126~2 by williamb82, on Flickr

If anyone recognizes this mechanical advance setup I would appreciate info on what it is from. Most likely a Nissan/Datusn part as well. Im thinking the weights are from a 4 cylinder since they are so compact. THey are not from an L24-L28 distributor. Maybe an L20 inline 2? I cant find pics of one apart.
IMAG0124~2 by williamb82, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Ruby's Cancer was a little worse than I could see. After 34 years, not seeing wet roads often, I spotted a little rust under the rear spoiler. A restoration shop in the Memphis area did a great job without having to go into the SUPRA banner.
Pics to come.
1587650676819.jpg 1587650677002.jpg 1588428885293.jpg 1588428885119.jpg

·
Registered
15,018 Posts

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
GReddy/Trust cannot provide me the specs on the HKS cams that I have in my possession. The cams they ran have nothing to do with the HKS cams I own.

I just thought that gave you two places to look for camshaft specs, maybe Trust/Greddy has some information on the camshaft they ran for their 300km/h car

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I have never cut into any of my OEM parts b4 unless I had a direct replacement. I took the dive today and cut a hole into the rear speaker covers with a small coping saw (they are speaker covers afterall)

Then installed a set of Infinity Kappa MX20 mid-range speakers into the hole

Connected the provided crossover to my old 5x7 2-ways for improved 3-way sound

Interestingly, the right side OEM speaker cover is smaller but still fits perfectly

Test install with hatch cover - no problem, speaker cover snaps into place, flush 'n tuck (y)

·
Registered
15,018 Posts
Any cam shop that does regrinds will be able to mic those for you and tell you what they are.
I know this, but they are all currently closed. I need to have the cams repaired, but couldnt send them off as planned a couple months ago due to this lock down.. From my measuremnts, it seems it will be a valve lift of 9.2-9.3mm with the stated 1.5 rocker arm ratio the 5m/6m heads supposedly have. THat does not tell me the duration however. I am trying to find the info so I can determine the dynamic compression of the stock pistons, and then decide what compression I want the custom pistons to be. Likely it will be around 13:1 if the duration is as I suspect, so it will run on 93 octane fuel.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Took the Supra out yesterday for the first time since I'd wet sanded, compounded, polished and waxed the paint, lights, etc. Just did a quick few mile run to get her fluids moving. Local restaurant had a big outdoor concert/tailgating thing going on with lots of people. Cornhole games in the parking lot, waitresses bringing out food and beer to vehicles like carhops, live music, the whole shebang. Pretty sure every single person stopped what they were doing and watched me drive by. I was surprised the music didn't stop based on everybody's reactions and appreciation of my car. Always good to have some affirmation on a job well done on cleaning her up.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Spent the past week upgrading my sound system, making minor fixes along the way. Had it sounding sweet, replaced molding and all buttoned up, took it for a test drive, all good except no heater (on a cold evening). Couldn't figure out why I had AC but no blower? Checked fuses and relays, blower resistor, pulled head unit out while I scratched my own head unit. I did replace the tail light fuse, maybe the reason a cop was following me closely today? :unsure: (I admit I was driving a little aggressive in the windies, lol)

Then I did a little research in some old CS threads, seems I had the same problem some time back. Simple fix: the connector on the blower popped off when I reinstalled the kick panel...D'oH!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finished pulling out the last of the dash components (heater core unit because mice nest in there) and the rest of the carpet along with the seats. Oh brother I am neck deep in this project now. Anyone have any creative ideas for retrofitting or creating a way to install an in cabin filter or something of that affect? Not sure if anyone has tried that at all.

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
You may try some expanded aluminum screen in the cowl vents. That where the mice get in. Then some open cell foam filter stuff. This stuff may restrict air flow.

3541 - 3560 of 3562 Posts