Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
3,621 - 3,640 of 3,724 Posts
^^ Still building my trust in the car after doing the same. Took her up to the Toyota dealership Saturday for a battery for my FJ. 50 miles round-trip, no leaks! Top end was leaking a quart every 50 miles before the top end R&R. Took her on the highway for a portion and she's solid at 70mph, though it'll take some getting used to those 4.30 gears without a 6th gear for me.

Drove it to Rite Aid for a BEER RUN! So many steep hills. I should pull the wheels and check my brake pads. I downshift, sometimes. It's all good. Daily driver. Oil change is in November sometime.
Opened the hood last week and a mouse ran down the cowl. I hate you MEECES to PIECES! Added dryer sheets and chased the little bastard down the cowl vent with Brake Clean. I have mouse bait.

Mice set up a housing project (not a nest) Waste Compost Plastic Soil Litter
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Transport
in the vents of an 85 GT-S I pulled out of the weeds in Ohio a month ago. I took the blower and duct work out to clean the insulation they took from under the carpet to build nest with. After cleaning with bleach and ammonia..it still smells like mouse pee. I pulled a half a 5 gallon bucket of nesting insulation out.

Hah, back when I stored my cars in a barn I once found a nice, cosy mouse nest in the glove box of a Cadillac. Luckily they chewed up a blanket that I had left in the car and not the seat cushions. And also luckily the car didn't smell afterwards.

She's back in the garage and refuses to fire. So while I diagnose it slowly. I've replaced the oil, filter, and drain plug with new gasket. Replaced the mass air flow sensor, starter, alternator, battery with a new red top with 800 cca, and went back to clutch fan system.

I've been slacking for the last couple months... but I finally tried out the new welder. It's basically magic on how much easier it is to use, I'm blown away. I think I have it set to about 16 volts or so.

The QP is almost ready to start being put back on. There is a small overlap area I have to add on, then I have to prep all the surfaces super well with weld thru and finally decide how I want to get to the lower rocker area to rust-prevent that.

Sorry! Got parts or a repair set up? Less than 5 miles from your house or were you way out there? Get a tow. Use your cell phone.
My last automotive failure was a bad alternator. I have a cheap voltmeter stuck in to my lighter socket-it saved me! Drove back home, charged the battery and went on line for an alternator. I got lucky, YOU did not have such a nice day!

I did my oil change in my driveway today with an OEM filter. Made a mess. The funnel slipped out of the jug as I was pouring. Golly, what a mess.

Rain tonight. I clean it up tomorrow.
I'll do the tranny filter change in the spring.

Figured I'd fix an old fix, so I bought a new (sealed) turn signal lamp and replaced the old COBB. I just used the package for backing. Normally the '82 doesn't have front side turn signals, so I rigged up another lamp beside the running light...easy peezie. ;)

What’s up everyone! Washed clay bar and used turtle wax color magic red over some scratches. Then for our aged cracked leather seats got maroon rust oleum paint, sprayed onto cloth and the poured lacquer thinner on it and then rubbed seats down. Doesn‘t fill cracks but pulls dye and blends seats …. Looks new.. seen this on YouTube. Then replaced hood and hatch lift supports! All this week…looks great!
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Hood Automotive exterior Personal luxury car Wood Automotive design

Long time since we heard from you, glad you still take care of it!
Still have the other one too?

Long time since we heard from you, glad you still take care of it!
Still have the other one too?
Unfortunately not…sold black supra several years back for a 74 fj40. After a couple years seen it for sale at a local base - was beat and went thru a few owners. Drove there to buy it but was pretty bad. Then about 8 months ago someone sent me a photo of it abandoned in an apartment complex just sitting there baking away in the sun…a shame!

Lol…..seen link for getting steering wheel leather redone on this forum…craftcustoms….called them set everything up got price ($299) picked color filled out paperwork…came home took steering wheel off and 80’s cover I put on about 10 years ago….and then fu@&ing realized our leather is like new! Waste of an hour lol!!!! but quality time with a great car haha!
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Steering part Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gauge Steering wheel

3,621 - 3,640 of 3,724 Posts