Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
3641 - 3643 of 3643 Posts

·
aka Mr Whisker
4,051 Posts
Searched the forum for "squeaky power window fix", came up with silicone (with possible removal of door card). I've taken a clean door card off once before and it was no treat, so I looked for an easier way. Toyota engineers to the rescue!

Brown Car Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

With the window is rolled up, run the little plastic tube along the inside track. There is a hole directly above the handle that allows you to spray under the door card. I gave it a liberal spray with jig-a-loo and voila, no more squeal! :cool:(y)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Today I got my Lil' Blue back from the shop, where they had fixed the rear brakes (the right rear was seizing and the left not much better). The pistons were still perfect they said, only changed the gaskets, cleaned everything, changed brake fluid and wrote the bill :) . I filled her up (ouch) and took her for a spin. How nice to be back on the road!
What I noticed was that there was no noise or rattles in idle (in neutral gear and clutch not pressed). Lately it had developed a weird low rattle. One more item on the check list! Possibly something got lubricated by leaky oil over the long time the car was standing.
Cars are meant to be driven, not to stand around!

3641 - 3643 of 3643 Posts