Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna replace my diff and gearbox fluids in my 85. What brand and which viscosities would you recommend. What are your thoughts on Toyota brand?

-Hosam

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Oi.....

This has been covered already!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

See the different threads in the "Drivetrain" forums.

As for the Toyota brand fluids for the rear diff & tranny.... Don't use them that often. "Sometimes" the fluid type is not listed on the bottle, or the fluid type is not compatible w/ our MKII's.

·
Premium Member
7,972 Posts
Redline 75NS90w in the 5 spd and 75w90 in the LSD. I get it locally in the SF Bay area at a good price. Amsoil would be the other option. I use Redline 10/40w with Amsoil oil filters in the 86.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I used AMSoil in the diff of my old 85 seemed to work well

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I use Mobil 1 Synthetic 75W-90 in both. Usually in the winter the transmission wouldn't shift easily until the car warms up. Never any grinding, just felt a little slugglish. I am curious to check it this winter with my new fluid.

UPDATE: (1/25/04) The new fluid has made a difference. Smooth shifts almost right away.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bill_Loeffler said:
Usually in the winter the transmission wouldnt shift easily until the car warms up. I am curious to check it this winter with my new fluid.
I get that too. Let us know if the new tranny oil helps out in that department. I too just changed the tranny oil a couple months ago but used a generic synthetic brand from Canadian Tire. :pray: :pray: :pray:

- Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts