Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, what you consider your MKI Or MKII.

Personally I consider it a Supra. To me the Celica was like the 924 or 944 of the porche while the CelicaSupra was like the 928 or the 911.

Your thoughts and reasons.

Mark

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
under the place marked something else:"My baby"

will

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My 82 has the SUPRA badge not the Celics-Supra badge so it MUST be a Supra.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
It is a Celica Supra. The "just" Supra's are 86.5's. I'm proud to be a Celica Supra there's history there.

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
ma71supraturbo said:
inline six, rear wheel drive, 2 door toyota. It's a Supra.
I'll drink to that, but I don't mind acknowleding our roots either. Which is maybe why some mk4 owners like to distance themselves from the mk2 crowd (not the wonderful ones we have here though :wink: ), maybe the truth is they don't mind the mk2, they just don't want to be associated with anything with celica dna. I don't mind personally, but the mk2 will always be more supra then celica to me.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I used to think/wish it to be just Supra (mines 82 so it says celica supra). However, now, I like to think of it as Celica Supra. It is the interim, the missing link, the evolution from plain jane Celica to master Toyota supercar. It is a change in momentum from gas sipping econo cars to performance machines. It is...the Celica Supra!

Christian

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
I agree with that too! but, lets not forget that celicas weren't econobox grocery getters in the 70s. They were toyotas premier sports car of the time (and rwd of course), so its not that bad a history. In fact, some of those 70s celicas are damn sexy looking

·
Founding Member
6,589 Posts
Just looked at five mk2 Texas vehicle titles and four show "SUP" while one shows "CEL". So I guess among assumably unbiased :| title clerks at the dmv, its four to one for "Supra". :clap:

Phil D.

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
535 Posts
I have always thought the MA61 as somthing Exotic, "for me!" :confused:
with the 82-wing the lines fenders ect....
But the first name I ever saw was S U P R A on the back.
Man I love it. :drool:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i think of it as a celicasupra and a supra, its my first car and i have had it for 3 years now, and i don't want another car, its my baby all the money i have goes to it, celicasupra for people that now is a mkII, supra for people that are like is that a back to the future car, well make it a old skool supra, thats what i usually say,

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
mine says 'supra' on the badges, and i consider it as such, but i still acknowledge the fact that celicas were/are cool.

i also consider it fun as hell, and a summer only car (bald 245s are scary in winter)

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I definately think the celica is a cool car too. I had an 84 gts.

But it was a 4 bangger. The Supra can be classified as its newborn sister. All derived from the celica family. It's name however itn't celica Jr.
It's supra. With the inline 6 8) .

Mark

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I tend to think of both of my car's as Supra's.

My reasoning: Celica's = 4cyl. Supra = 6cyl. That's how I tend to seperate/diferentiate the 2 of them.

Celica Supra for me tends to be a mouthful (because I'm a lazy ass..).

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
karaki said:
CJSREDPRA said:
Celica Supra for me tends to be a mouthful (because I'm a lazy ass..).
:werd: agreed 100%...she's a Sup to me...and :wtf: is with the :piggy: emoticon...Zank...you had nothing to do with this right :roll:
:rotfl: :flex: :bitchsla: of course not :toilet:

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
True the mk2 is offically known as a Celica Supra, but this was due to trade and import embargos at the time. I always refer to my car as a Supra, and it kills me when non-mk2 people call it a Celica... kinda like that feeling when someone claws a chalkboard.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts