Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.15km long autocross course???? Hell yes!

I will update with pictures and video when I return!!

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys, I'm back! the supra worked perfectly - I came back with the same volume of fluids and with no new bottom end noises, so I'd say that's a successful day!

the track was changed. roughly the same length, but in half the area. They did the huge layout yesterday and said it was way too hard to manage. the amount of marshalls required was huge and they had to run 4 cars at a time to get enough cars through. which mean if one car spun, it would ruin the run for the other cars aswell.

never the less, a great time!

I didn't take any pictures but Jamie did, and I'd imagine he'll post them shortly. the results aren't posted online yet. I was put in "D MOD" class because of my engine swap with 4 other cars. taking #1 in my class was a talon TSI with engine modifications 4 huge slicks. I think second place in my class was a cobra kit car with a 302 in it. everybody had slicks in my class and more power than stock. A porsche 914 I believe had and engine swap aswell, so he was in my boat. I managed to run a faster time than him though! I beat a couple mini's and hondas, even a miata or two. I don't fair too badly against similar performance level cars that have street tires, in general.

There were some INSANE cars there including an MR2 with no bodypanels but the doors, the trunks (front and rear) were cut off using a hacksaw...a miata GUTTED with no A-pillars (cut off) and aluminum sheet metal over the interior opening (making it a 1 seater) lots of cool stuff!

of course, I was beate by MANY more better drivers in crappy cars and beaten badly by good drivers in good cars but that's the norm. All in all, a great time.

Amanda tried to take a video but it ended up pretty shaky. here it is:

This is my second attempt at going fast (third run) and everything is going great., until I lost control! it was way too tempting to go flat out through that second bus stop and try and make the next cone but that kind of speed was not going to work, so I lifted. bad call! lol I managed to save it and recover though, I stayed on course and was having a decent run overall, until I missed the very last cone! I was unhappy, as you can tell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeHJEc5EZxw

time to get a go pro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts