Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a little (understatement) spirited driving, there is some fluid that bubbles right at the connection of this black hose, about 1-1.5 inches in diameter. it is located next to the last spark plug all the way in the back of the engine bay. it is connected through the top of the engine, sorry i dont have pics. but if anyone has any idea what this hose is, please let me know. i think it is the fuel line. the other end is connected to some round container, maybe the fuel pump? thanks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
is it the big hose that is connected to the head in the center valley of the cam towers where the spark plug wires are... near the no. 6 cylinder... well you are talking about the heater hose

·
Registered
793 Posts
It connects your heater core to the engine cooling system so you have heat. If it leaks, you will loose antifreeze and overheat, definitely get it fixed asap.

·
Registered
793 Posts
yet...
Once the coolant runs low enough, I guarantee you will overheat.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
SUPRAMIR said:
what exactly is this heater hose?
mine started leaking a few months ago but you couldn't tell thats were it was coming from thought i had lost the headgasket....lol its pretty cheap, i bought a hose at napa to save me money cost about 5 dollars and i would also replace the hose clamps with the screw type if i were you....about a buck a piece or less.....any parts store should have these or you can go expensive and go toyota.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same problem. First check where the hose is cracked. You may be able to repair it by cutting off the cracked portion and reconnecting it if its long enough. If not, get a hose from an autoparts store and don't forget to bleed the system of air or else u'll still overheat.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Heh, I replaced that hose last year - next day, i found out I didn't tighten the hose clamp quite enough. i was hitting about 90kmh in second when I had a sudden burst of coolant all over my windshield. Thought I really broke something that time. If this hose goes completely, you'll pump out all your coolant in about a minute, so definitely fix it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
That darn hose has burst on me as well. I was at a stop light and my hood starts smokin. Got home, popped the hood and coolant was all over my engine and cookin! Very ugly mess. :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
while we are on the subject, i have completely removed my air conditioning, excluding the heater core, which is hanging under and empty dash. i can't really see any defecit to removing it, and plumbing the heater hoses stright from the head, to the temp sensor, and back into the engine. can anyone confirm this, or have any other experiences to share ? also of note, i removed the a/c condensor and lines sitting in front of the radiator, and created some ducting for perfect unobstructed airflow to the radiator to help offset the loss of the heater core.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts