Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinds of oil/fluid do you guys run in your 5m/6m/7m/jz2/jz1 engines window washer fluid, power steering, everything.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
5m gets good old conventional 10w30 every 5000 kms. Power Steering is anything that is dextron III ATF. Diff I used synthetic, but you need to get some LSD goop and add it in as well.

·
Registered
311 Posts
5M use Castrol 10W40 and i use dexron for every thing else and the green windshield washer fluid with bug remover.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
my 5m uses castrol synthetic 10w30 or royal purple 10w30. i use that blue rad stuff having a mind blank right now on what it is called, and for my windshield washer fluid i use the rain-x stuff plain i know lol,

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Right now Super Tech (Wal-Mart) 10W-40 high mileage with a Purolator filter.

Every oil change before this was Castrol 10W-30 high mileage with Napa Gold filter.

Haven't swapped tranny fluid yet, haven't done diff yet, haven't drained and filled power steering yet.

Getting a new clutch master cylinder from SupraKen and I've got Synthetic Dot3 in the rear hatch so I guess it's getting Synthetic haha.

I'm believing more and more that oil is oil cause the car's doing great on an oil change that was a good $15 cheaper than my normal.

·
Premium Member
8,202 Posts
Redline 10/40 forever, and Amsoil filters from Dave A...

·
Registered
659 Posts
10-30 cheapest I can get since I have 380,000, used to use QS, castrol, vavoline until I hit 300k, uses some between 5000 mile oil changes. dexton in ps, vavoline in trans and rear.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Really Turkey? The oil kind. Depends on your setup. Why?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Read that F1 motors get 5w-30 syn.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts