Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what u guyz and galz had in your car

I just have the regular cheap CD player and i have replaced the front speakers with small sony's. the rears are two 5" and 2 tweaters (sp)
and a 12" sub w/500watt amp in the back

not the greatest sound system but hey it gets the job done :wink:

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
I have a Kenwood single-DIN CD player in mine now, with Infinity Kappas wedged into the front and 6x9 Sony 3-ways in the back panels. I'm thinking about switching to an MP3/CD player (maybe double-DIN) and throwing in an amp and a subwoofer. Any recommendations? Cost is a bit of an issue, as another MkII may be forthcoming soon, and it'll need a sound upgrade, too.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I have a set of 6.5 Eclipse components in the doors. Never got around to putting any speakers in the back, but just those 2 sound as good as a good 4 speaker system. Bass consists of an MTX amp and JL 12w6. This is the best sounding speaker I've ever heard. Had it for about 5 or 6 yrs. It has outlasted 2 amps. All powered by a newer low buck alpine tape deck and cd changer.
Alpine, ,also best bang for the buck
Christian

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
The system I had in my Supra, which is now in my 85 Celica GT is...
Alpine 7894 MP3/CD player
(2) Audiobahn A22010 amps, one for the JL Audio 12"sub the other for the Diamond Audio 5.25" component speakers, and I have a set of Kenwwod speakers wired to the deck in the dash stock locations. Very impressed with the Alpine deck. I was a diehard Kenwood fan till I saw and heard the 7894 from Alpine. Needless to say, I bought another 7894 for my 4Runner.

Solo1Supra
Joe B.

·
Super Moderator
8,363 Posts
Right now an Alpine 7864 Headunit
3.5" Infinity Kappas in front
4x6" Infinity Kappa plates in the rear
Currently working on adding a JL audio 10W6V2 in my super stealthy enclosure. Still haven't picked out an amp yet, but I'll probably be getting one of the Alpine 5 channel ones. This is my current project right now.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I recently purchased an AIWA head unit on Ebay. I havent recieved it yet. It is a replacement for my non functioning emerson(pos came with car) My system is very small and low budget at the moment but the purchase of the AIWA is the first step in an upgrade. I have a small jenson 80wAMP powering a dual voice coil jenson tube style sub with built in crossovers.
I also have 6x9 thumps in boxes(pia space wasters)
5.5" thumps in the stock rear(not hooked up)
stock in the front but I have 3" thumps for there
I know the thumps are cheap but for me they were free so i cant argue the cost.
The little amp is running the sub and the 6x9s right now and the dead deck is running the others(fronts)
The new AIWA deck has 4x45watts(peak) so I wil use that for the stock locations and I think I will try to get another 80wAMP so I can seperate the sub and 6x9s.
The cheap thumps were ok for the emerson but now that I have a better head unit I think I want to upgrade the speakers in the stock locations and maybe get rid of the space wasters.
So thats what I am up to. Oh and I paid 90.00US for the head unit including shipping to Canada.
Later
-Wil

·
Registered
72 Posts
It took eight speakers to make mine sound nice, but the most important thing is to box the speakers and stuff the boxes with pillow filling. The wheel wells can just be stuffed. I don't know how you would box that area. I used JL's in the front location with base blockers, and JL's in the wheel wells, on a 200A head unit. I have Alpines under the dash in the old sub woofer location and corresponding on the driver side (don't try this if you have a stick), and 6x9 EC's in the rear hatch on an Alpine amp. The back speakers are facing each other and actually sound better that way. Boxing and stuffing the speakers will make a huge difference in sound quality no matter what speakers you use. I used cardboard and high quality metal duct tape.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
my ice

pioneer head unit 9300, front and rear 4 inch pioneer tweeters
boss 3000 watt amp 1 channel 3 JL audio 10 inch subs.
satalite radio and just added sony play station and a monitor

·
Registered
146 Posts
hey guy if you ever need help on setups for a mk2 ask me i have done a lot in mine

alpine uh
audiocontrol eql ,esp2,epic
harmankardon amp frount for mids and highs
pg m44 for rears
concept 2400a 2400wamp for subs
4 12soundstream spl muels
mxt 6.5black golds in custom door build outs
mb quart highs
kicker dash and rears
1 aqw wire 200amp fuse
and a lot of other stuff
=153db
check out my sounddomain page

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Sony ES CD Head Unit
2 Sony Xplod 6x9
2 Sony 3"
1 Orion XTR 825W Amp
2 Orion XTR DVC 10" Subs
1 Lighning Audio 1 Farad Cap

Sounds damn good... Getting a component speakers for the front.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Pioneer CD Tuner, I forget which one, one of the lower models.
Precision Power A.300 Art-Series 2-Channel Amp
Pioneer 6.5" 2-way Compression horn drivers mounted in doors
Pioneer 12" VCCS subwoofer in Pioneer enclosure

Was cheap, but sounds very clear. I don't really notice I dont have rear "speakers".

This is in my RA60 Celica. The Celica XX will be receiving a system exactly the same in design but with better equipment.

·
Registered
875 Posts
sony active black panel cd player
vdo 4" coaxials
lanzar 6.5" components
lanzar 1000watts (max) sub
sounds good, but wanting more bass
currently running at about 130db.

·
Registered
290 Posts
200W Pioneer Premier Cd player (DEH-P330)
JL Audio 3.5 Evolution TR's (TR350-CX)(front)
150W Pioneer 4-ways 6x9's in custom boxes(rear)
2 12in. Pioneer 400W max ea. in custom sealed box(TS-W31C)
Jensen 300W amp :oops:

I've had this setup for almost 2 years now and I'm satisfied with it for now. I should get a capacitor because I've had to replaced the original alternator once :twisted:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I just bought a cap actually.. 1 Farad Lightning Audio.. I'm going to get it installed professionally.. I don't feel like getting zapped by a couple thousand Amps..

-Andrew

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i had a nice alpine 7892 head unit that was going to go into my supra until it was stolen from my truck.
along with that went my mrd-300m amp and 10" type S sub.

it sounded great, and ill probably end up with a similar system, depending when i get my insurance money.

the amp will drive a 10" kicker solobaric sub though, which should slam pretty hard.

some lower end 4" and 5x7" alpines will provide actual music until i can get mb quart or something else decent in there.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Pioneer cd head unit
4" pioneer in stock front location
5 1/4" kenwood in stock rear loation
1" kenwood tweeters near rear seat headrests
600w 2-ch. pyle blue wave amp...bridged
10" sony explode sub...in a cheap bandpass until my custom is done
Going to also try and make 6x9's fit right into the stock rear locations

Doesn't sound too bad how it is now...just not enough mids, need to find a way to get more sound up front...but I don't want to cut through the door panels.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Still using factory front and rear speakers.
two 10" JL subs (10W3)
Phoinex Gold Tantrum 300.2 amp
decent setup..more interested in building my motor

1 - 18 of 18 Posts