Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, some cash came in and I can buy one of the following, which should I get and whats the advantage over the others? In other words, in my present situation which is best performance/dollar ratio? Presently, stock 82 5mge with intake, 2.5" exhaust, new 225x60's, and a decent sound system. Ive got about $200 or so to spend, I was debating:

Hella lights (h4 e-code's)
New alternator (more powerful, also where to get one?)
Tokico HP's
Suspension Techniques 1.3" drop springs
Start upgrading brakes (Brembo's)
Something else???

I wont be autoXing or drag racing, just "spirited daily driving" (as someone once put it), the occasional street racing (I know Ill probably get flamed, but I live in the country and do it when no cops/innocent bystanders are around). Eventually Im getting the 7Mgte (end of the year, possibly next spring) when the funding is in, but I want a great car to drop it in, so it doesnt start breaking things and I waste more money that I dont have.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'd go for suspension work if I was you...well since you'd be dropping a 7m in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah get those ST springs i should be getting them soon

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I vote suspension work. You get more pleasure just driving.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Muchbzy said:
I vote suspension work. You get more pleasure just driving.
:werd:

there is noting better than kicking an old M3 and carrera's ass on the twisties. Or it is just me :confused: :twisted:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So shocks/struts over springs first?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think I would go for the springs first and then the shocks soon after if you can't do them both at once. Actually, the best decision would probably be to save the cash and wait till you can get both shocks and springs for both front and back. Suspension needs balance.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
True about the balance thing. I think that is what Im gonna do. ST 1.3" drop linear rate springs and Tokico HP's. Tht should be real nice when Im done :twisted:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Go to rabidchimp.com they have a good suspension package for a good price and it is well tested so you can be confident in the balance. Another thing to rememer is that if you do too much of a drop you will have to deal with negative camber issues and they are not soo easy to fix.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Though I knew about that, somehow it escaped me while thinking about the springs. How bad would the camber be at 1.3' lowered? I want the ST's cuz they are linear rate and the Eibachs arent (as far as I know).

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Shoks/Struts first then springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts