Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decent suspension springs!!!!

Took these off the back of the beast this weekend. No wonder
there was no suspension travel. Put some spare stock springs back on. I did cut them one coil. Not the best choice, but don't have the money for decent ST springs right now. I did discover that my parts car has KYB GR-2s on it. The rears for sure. It looks like the front may have them as well. The strut inserts have definitely be changed, but I won't know to what till I pull them out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, they were ST springs. Previous owner didn't think that they lowered the car enough. Yes Billy, it was low. It also had no suspension travel at all. Jacking the car up was lots of fun as the springs tended to fall out every time I did. The car sits at a decent height now. I do have to swap out the fronts still. I may take some pics before that happens to give you an idea of how low the front is.

·
Registered
471 Posts
wanna get rid of them? ;]
looking for stiffys for next springs autocross

·
Registered
471 Posts
that is unless it was realllyyy bad and horrible to drive lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Teeth chattering, kidney punching, bouncing up out of the seat bad. On smooth roads it wasn't too bad, but I was glad there was a 4 point harness in the car a couple times. When I say there was no suspension play I mean noooooo. I could sit on the fender and the car would not move. I weigh 200+ lbs. Very stiff springs.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
For Billy, here is the best shot I could get of the ride height with the limited space in the shop.

There is no flare in the above shot as I replaced the beat up, banged up fender that was on the car. I do plan to put the flare back on. Here is a shot of the rear with the stock springs cut one coil.

This gives you an idea of how low the car sat before the spring swap.

Oh yeah, still working on fixing that sleepy eye thing... She does also have a proper front bumper now as well. It is brown, but she is starting to look like a supra again

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is what came with the car. I think some of them are 235s. The stiff suspension was just too stiff for me. It is still stiff, but manageable now. I don't like getting air at 70 on the highway.:eek4dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts