Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone I just wanted to know what would be a good size and compression for pistons that will be in a 5mgte with Nitrous. Im looking up to about 14psi and about 50-75 shot of the spray. Also I know there arent much companies out there who make pistons for our car any more so I know that they will have to be custom made but I would also like to know what brand everyone with aftermarket pistons are using.

charlie

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I am currently running 8.0:1 Ross Racing Pistons w/ 2.0mm MHG to compensate with all the machining on the block and head...

I had mine custom made w/ Ross Racing Rings with for $600+

Are you just gonna use the NOS for spool up???

Jay

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i will be using it from the start...but only at the track, other than that it will mostly be used during street races. By the way where did you order those pistons from..ie...website...phonenumber???

thankx
charlie

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
pistons FORGED

I ordered it from a friends who build motors... he has a contact who gets it really cheap... I will ask him if he can make another order for you 5MGE... I have an extra 5M pistons here anyways so that he can send it to the person and make the necessary measurements

LMK

Jay

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey well i cant really get them til lata on when my budget gets up there....but the price sounds really good....i will let you know in a months time ok...other than that if i have any other questions i will let you know.

charlie

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
i would go with weisco's. you can get them from
http://www.raceeng.com

they are ~$600 a set with pins, locks, and rings, and they dont charge extra for custom. in fact they prolly already have the specs needed. id go with 8:1 comp.
william

1 - 6 of 6 Posts