Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Most come with a 6.7" rearend. But a few did come with the 7.5" rearend like the Celica-Supra's. To interchange them you have to use the crossmember from the car it comes with.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
All 85 GT-S's should be 7.5"s you would have to check the build plate on the firewall for the ratio, it should be a 373 or 390 though. If the axle code is an F it is a 7.5" HTH

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post subject: What rear end did 85 Celica GTS's have?

Would a 6.7" diff LOOK any different from a 7.5" externally? The one I am looking at appears identical to the ones from Supras in my garage.[/img]

·
Registered
417 Posts
The 6.7" rearend does look a little different. Mainly the housing is smaller. If yours looks the same as the 7.5" rearend in your Supra. Then I would say it's a 7.5" rearend.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 6.7" rear ends came with 3.42 gears in the lower models, GT and ST, and the GTS came with a 3.91 or a 4.10 in the 7.5". I don't know what the GTS 6.7" rear ends had.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Looks like the two I have, I'd say you have a 7.5", now what ratio is it?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Re: What do these look like?

MARQUIS111 said:
Here are 3 pix of it. Is it a 7.5"?

its got barnacles...

i agree that it looks like a 7.5, itd be kind of nice to get a 3.91... im going to assume that since theyre both 7.5", the gear sets are interchangable?
i think a 3.9 would be a nice split between 3.7 and 4.1, but would it make any real difference in performance, or is that just wishful thinking?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a 3.91 sitting in my garage taking up space if you want it. It was making a good bit of noise when I pulled it out but I'm sure it can be rebuilt. If you want it it's yours, if not I'm donating it to school.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
itd cost an arm and a leg to ship it, so if you were offering it to me id have to decline, but thanks anyways :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts