Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Howdy,

Don Lew is running Circle racing wheels on his 84 AutoXmobile. 16x8", zero offset, same bolt pattern as our normal MKII wheels. 245/45/16 Kuhmo Victor racing slicks. Very lightweight. However, these are STRICTLY a track/racing wheel!!!! Don DOES NOT recommend them for street usage, they will bend!!

Don't know the price, or where he got them. Don is here on the Forums & he'll have to chime in.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I really like these rims, i'm just wondering why would they bend with street use... also where can I buy them? I can't find them on their official site!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Ever heard of a pot hole? If not you are lucky.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
I really like these rims, i'm just wondering why would they bend with street use... also where can I buy them? I can't find them on their official site!
They are VERY lightweight wheels that are SUPPOSED to be used for racing/track applications. NOT daily street use. See the above reply. Find a bump or pothole that is bad enough to do damage & you will have a bent rim. Unlike NORMAL street wheels that won't bend/damage as easily.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah that makes sense, I was just thinking that stuff made for racing would be even stronger than stuff you use everyday.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
isnt there a member here running them daily on a Super Red 84P?
YUP.....

I know who you are talking about, but I can't remember the forum members name. He bought the 16 x 8" Circles that Don Lew used to use.

Don was the one who told me about these getting bent easily. Usually when Don has his car "on the street" it's either on the trailer, or he puts his P-Type wheels back on.

So it's a matter of time before we hear "when" he has a bent rim.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Either DonL had Circle Racing Wheels make him a custom 1-off set of 16's, or are no longer made, because I call BS
Don purchased his around 2001 - 2003. "I think" (We were still on the Yahoo list & had not moved to the forums yet). He's had his 16 x 8's for quite awhile, before he sold them. I'm guessing that they are no longer made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts