Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

What's a reasonable price for parts

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  ray85p 
#1 ·
I'm trying to buy
1. A map light
2. A stock power antenna
3. A stock stereo
What's a reasonable price for each of them, I just want to know that the guy isn't ripping me off.
Thanks

#2 ·
Map lights usually are in decent condition. A good condition one might get a good deal for $25 anything above $75 better be NOS type.
Stock power antenna. You can get an aftermarket for sub $50 range.
Stock stereo working can be in the several hundreds. Just working with equalizer is $250+

#3 ·
Also if it is a member here you may want to check in the for sale section and search to see if there is any feedback on the seller. If you are comfortable you can say who it is and we can give feedback if anyone has dealt with them.
Didn't want to run out of my editing ability so I double posted.

#4 ·
Also if it is a member here you may want to check in the for sale section and search to see if there is any feedback on the seller. If you are comfortable you can say who it is and we can give feedback if anyone has dealt with them.
Didn't want to run out of my editing ability so I double posted.
Thanks, the people I'm looking at are on Craigslist and one guy wants 250 for the power antenna only (which I think is WAY WAY too much) and the other has stereo and map light and power antenna but seems a tad shady and hasn't gotten back to me on prices yet.
What was the replacement antenna you would recommend?

#5 ·
For the antenna. Unless you can get a NOS they are all china made. The thing you need to worry most about is the mounting for it. The angle of the rubber needs to be correct so you don't have it leak.
I haven't bought a new antenna in several years. I just bought a kit to replace the inner plastic geared cord.
Try something like this.

#7 ·
I've got a couple antenna of unknown condition. One is off the car, so I have easy access and I never plan on using either of them.
What do you think a reasonable price would be?
If there was a way to confirm the condition is be willing to buy one for around 60-70 (plus shipping if you're willing) but if not maybe slightly less than that

#16 ·
There's a good aftermarket antenna available for well under $50 delivered that works well. I don't remember the brand or model now, but there is both a black and chrome version available. Search the forum for the info and if you can't find it, let us know. I'm sure that with some time I could find the info.
However, you will need the mounting ferrules from a factory antenna. No one makes those parts for aftermarket antennas anymore. They are the parts both above and below the fender that mount the antenna to the body. The factory lower mounting bracket would be nice too as you can bend it to mount the aftermarket antenna vertical and it's much more solid than what comes with the aftermarket antennas.
You'll need the exact model number listed on the forum as the antenna listed for our cars DOES NOT fit. The ferrules and lower mounting bracket from the factory antenna are also a perfect fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.