Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
POTATO
17,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 3 for one day =(
I have 2 now

what's the most you've had, whether they were parts cars or daily drivers or track cars?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Three at one time, the 84 Red one I still have, 85 Blupra with 40K on it, 83 red daily driver rust rat.

Also owned an 84 Brown one for a year. And and 86.5 for a couple of years.

Five in all :eek:wned:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have only owned 2 at once, but I know Dean Anderson currently has 4 mk2's, Josh Brower has 3, I believe Phil Dupler now has 4, and Damon Saul has more cars than a small dealership, many of which are mk2's! I think he said he has 13 vehicles all together right now.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Only two at one time Black1982 and red1985
4 all together 8)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Damon Saul has more cars than a small dealership, many of which are mk2's! I think he said he has 13 vehicles all together right now
Holy smokes! and I thought my 7 was a lot. are they all running?

Christian

·
Premium Member
5,576 Posts
I have three runners right now with a parts car and am in negotiations for two more - one in Illinois that looks good but the motor is shot and the other is a rustbucket in Wisconsin with a good driveline. i have owned nine, including a 91TmkIII and an 81 mkI. I like the 85/86 mkII the best.

·
Super Moderator
10,576 Posts
3 for me, at a couple different times too. Had 5 supras in all though.

Just wait till Will from florida pipes up :wink:

·
Founding Member
6,433 Posts
82Spearco said:
I believe Phil Dupler now has 4,
I only have two that are driveable currently. A third is in several thousand pieces atm undergoing a resto and the fourth is a rusty parts car.

Multiple Supra Syndrom (MSS) is a rare but seldom fatal disease of the central nervous system. It is characterized by insatiable desire to possess every Supra the patient sees regardless of its condition. Actual possession of more than one Supra occurs only in the advanced stages of the disease at which point there is no known cure. If detected in the early stages, radical surgery to remove all cash and credit cards from the patients wallet and bank accounts may be temporarily effective, however, subsequent surgeries may be necessary. Surgery should only be used as a last resort as recovery is incredibly painful and side effects of treatment may be that the patient turns to a life of crime to satisfy his/her cravings. The exact cause of this troubling affliction is unknown, however, it seems to be spread through contact with contaminated lubricants. :wink:

Dr. D.

·
POTATO
17,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
omg that is funny, that should be saved somewhere for future reference

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
ive had 9 supras total and will be buying #10 soon hopefully. the most ive had at 1 time was 6 when i was 19. i had my blue 83(currently belongs to paul p.), red 84(currently totalled sitting in my yard), brown 85(totalled, R.I.P.), white 86.5(R.I.P.), maroon 86.5(for sale), and black 88 turbo(7mgte donor, R.I.P.). ive also had a silver 87 turbo(parts car, R.I.P.), blue 85(parts car, R.I.P.), and the current blue 85(daily driver). if all goes well ill be buying a really nice red 85 p-type 5 speed in the next couple weeks to put my 7mgte in. so right now i have 2 mkii's and an mkiii. oh, and ive never owned any vehicle other then a supra, once you go supra you never go back. :-D
william

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
oh, btw, im only 21 now so give me a few more years to collect once i have my own house and can have as many as i want. :twisted:
william

p.s. i paid for every supra i ever had myself. ALL OF THEM!

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
As one of the few that has MGSS (Multi Generation Supra Syndrome) I can safely say that I have 2 at the moment. Otherwise, I've only owned 3 Supra's.

See sig below.

Car 1 (that is not listed in the sig) was a 1980 MA46 Copper Metallic 4ME 5-speed.

·
POTATO
17,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gawd Will! you suck, lol I'm 21 and about 5 cars behind you...but then I've never had a mk3. I'm content w/ the 4 mk2s I've had since I was 19.
I'm a cheapskate though. I just happen to find the cheapest mk2s around, heheh
My Silpra was $985 --183,000 miles when I bought it
My Redpra $675 --110,000
My Blackpra $650-- 130,000
My Blupra $100 --187,000

Total of $2,410~~ :p

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
well, every supra ive had ran and drove when i got them except the silver 87 turbo, the blue 85 parts car, and the maroon mkiii which at first got the motor from my white one.. my first one (brown 85) was $1500. i bought it when i was 17, then i pais $399 for the red 84, then $250 for the blue 83, then $1,600 for the white 86.5, then $1,000 for the black 88 turbo totaled(rearended badly), then $600 for the maroon 86.5 with no motor, then the silver 87 turbo with a thrown rod $50, then the blue parts car, free, then the blue 85i have now $500, and the red 85 i want to buy when i get the settlement for my car is ~$2,000. then what i paid for all the parts.
too much $$$$$
william

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
The most I have ever had has been 3 MK2's.

85 Black, 5spd, 5MGE
84 White, 5spd, 6MGE I/H/E
83 Blue, Auto, 5MGE was my first car (got wreaked :mad: ), then turned into a parts car

Now I just have two, I got rid of my parts car :cry:

·
Founding Member
6,433 Posts
I shouldn't have joked about MSS b/c I didn't know last week that my symptoms would be worsening. I picked up #5, an 84 ptype 5sp in so-so condition Saturday at a charity auction. Auction fees, tax, title and license were more than the car! It was donated because it wouldn't start and generally needed alot of work so I guess the owner felt it wasn't worth fixing. I replaced the battery and battery cable ends and started right up. Slight miss at idle and a little smoke but drives OK. Needs lots of cosmetic attention and overdue maintenance. Here's a plus tho - it has four nearly new Michelin Pilot Sports in the stock size that I doubt have 5,000 miles on them yet. Just dunno when I'm ever going to find the time.

Phil D.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Just one. And now zero. :cry:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts