Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know the one that you strap 2 wheels of your car too, and it itself has just 2 wheels. Its like a little caddy that you pin to your truck.

I'm trying to find them someplace for sale but I dont know what the hek you call them

http://evergreen-rentals.com/images/cardolly.jpg

*edit*

a dolly maybe! now: in french!

·
Registered
58 Posts
yea....don't put your supra on one...they are for FWD cars only. Good way to mess up some stuff in your driveline........ And if you do it anyway....don't back up with a car on the dolly......bad things happen...lmao

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
tow dolly . available at u-haul...tried to rent a few months ago, they must be hot, couldnt find any available.

·
POTATO
17,232 Posts
yea....don't put your supra on one...they are for FWD cars only. Good way to mess up some stuff in your driveline........ And if you do it anyway....don't back up with a car on the dolly......bad things happen...lmao

Like this? :sarcasm:

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes Tanya, with supra content too lol nice

yeah. I know I've heard that its sketchy, but I wanted to split one with my buddy so when we take our cars to the track (which is a good distance away from home) and if we break shit we can bring our pile of parts back with us. I'd like to buy one and keep it at my place. You just take off the 2 rear cv axles and you can tow the car foward no problems without scrapping the diff

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
You don't have to worry about screwing up the trans. with a tow dolly as long as your Supra has a manual trans. and not an automatic.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought auto cars needed an oiler for the trans to tow them like that?
Or am I just thinking about 4wd's,with no neutral in on the transfer case?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just pull the rear cv shafts like I said, doesn't take more than 10 minutes if you have a jack.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I had my car towed about 200km on the front wheels last summer.

Only damage done was a mildly scratched hood from the magnetic lights the tow truck driver put on my hood :censored:

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
I thought auto cars needed an oiler for the trans to tow them like that?
Or am I just thinking about 4wd's,with no neutral in on the transfer case?

The driveshaft spinning the internals on an auto trans. can cause damage because the hydraulic pump on the trans. isn't providing lubrication to the internals. You might get lucky with a short distance tow, but you can definitely ruin the trans. during a long haul.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
i would try and get a full trailer to be honest. with a car as low as yours, if you were to hit a pothole... your just better off with a full trailer that way. plus, if youve got some welding skills, you should be able to find a older one that needs some work/modification or one without a tittle/registration for pretty cheap and register it as home made.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
i would try and get a full trailer to be honest. with a car as low as yours, if you were to hit a pothole... your just better off with a full trailer that way. plus, if youve got some welding skills, you should be able to find a older one that needs some work/modification or one without a tittle/registration for pretty cheap and register it as home made.

+1 ......

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I towed my supra on one...back wheels on the dolly, and front wheels on the pavement with the steering locked. Just make sure the tire pressure is good, or it'll be a little squirrely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts