Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Jarrett. I'm a tech at Toyota Knoxville full-time and I work part-time at Sam's changing tires. I've been at Toyota for 2 yrs, and Sam's for over 7.

I don't own a Supra, but going to buy an 84/85 Celica GT-S hatchback or convertible very soon. Since alot of the same parts are shared with the Supra I figured this would be another good source of info.

Right now I've got an '03 S10 Xtreme that's my main toy. It's bagged and rides on 18" Centerline Stingray IIIs. I'm wanting the old Celica because I need something else to drive everyday, and I really am wanting to stick with something RWD, cause FWD sucks. I plan on putting some 17s on it, building a 250hp 22R, and redoing the suspension cause I plan on autocrossing some too.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
welcome to the forums...

best of luck with that 250hp 22r, i know its been done, but imo, its a waste of money.
theres a local dude with a turboed 22re, exhaust, cold air intake, gt25rs bb turbo, and last i checked, hes barely scratching 200whp.
for the amount hes got into that engine, you could look at a whole bunch of other choices and probably get more power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the other techs I work with builds 22R's for his racecars and he has one that's dynoed at almost 350rwhp....naturally aspirated. He's gonna help me with mine...I figure 250 should be pretty easy.....and I could run a 100 or 150 shot of nitrous on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts