Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS MAY BE A SILLY QUESTION, BUT DOES ANY BODY HAVE A WAY OF REFINISHING THE STOCK 14x7 P-TYPE WHEEL CAPS WITH THE little toyota WRITTEN ON IT? :idea: I WANT TO MAYBE TRY SANDING THE SHINY PART OF THE toyota CAP W/ 1000 GRIT AND TRY POLISHING IT AFTER SOME FINER SANDPAPER. I THINK I'M ABOUT TO MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF AFTER TRYING THIS. ANYBODY KNOW HOW MUCH FOR A NEW SET OF 4 OF THESE WOULD COST? WHATS THE ACTUAL MATERIAL OF THE CAP? PLASTIC? ANYBODY USING A CERTAIN CHEMICAL FOR THEM? ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE. :? :idea:

·
Super Moderator
8,730 Posts
They are chrome plated plastic. As far as the chrome plating goes about all you could do is send them out and get them replated and repaint the rest. I would just buy new if they are still availalbe. You can use fine steel wool to clean up the factory chrome if you want. Repainting the "TOYOTA" and silver portion around the side is easy stuff. Also cap locks off PLEASE.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yea they are still available at the dealer. But the want $75 a piece for them. Is the crazy or what. Best thing is to use some good chrome cleaner. Then repaint the bottom half.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
polish and price

Sounds good, something like MOTHERS chrome polish. And paint the bottom, I'm thinkin same color as the middle of the 5- 14x7 wheels that I'm currently sanding hours and hours trying to bring to a perfect shine. I just want everything to be perfect, the 20 year old wheel caps have some small scratches that aren't that noticeable after cleaning and buffing them, unless your up close. Thanks for the info. You guys are great :!:

Dealership prices don't sound so good $75 a piece. No way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts