Premium Member
7,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Gamble Thanks Sir!! I appreciate the props...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I tried moving from 17" to 15" wheels on my race Supra. Lower weight was an advantage, but there were several disadvantages for racing: not much choice of tires, much easier to lock up (and "flat spot"), and "gearing" with the 4.30 diff caused me to run out of revs on long straights. The 15s I used were Rota Grid Classic (15x9 0 offset). I had to use a 10mm spacer to clear the Nissan Z32 calipers, and ran 245/40-15 Hankook RS-4 tires.

I'm selling the wheels now with very low (or no) miles but some have cosmetic blemished from racing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Has anyone heard of Klutch wheels? Just came across these doing a lazy sunday morning ebay search for wheels to see if anything new was out there. Looks like they do custom offsets for what seems to be unsustainably cheap IMO.

Decent 80's style turbo wheels, not quite right for P types but close for the front: KM16 silver
Might be kind of late, but I remember seeing them and considering them before buying the XXR's on my car now (around early 2015 probably) so they've been around for a while (website says 2012). They used to have a handy wheel fitment calculator on their site iirc, something kinda like this one, but a bit simpler.

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
I tried moving from 17" to 15" wheels on my race Supra. Lower weight was an advantage, but there were several disadvantages for racing: not much choice of tires, much easier to lock up (and "flat spot"), and "gearing" with the 4.30 diff caused me to run out of revs on long straights. The 15s I used were Rota Grid Classic (15x9 0 offset). I had to use a 10mm spacer to clear the Nissan Z32 calipers, and ran 245/40-15 Hankook RS-4 tires.

I'm selling the wheels now with very low (or no) miles but some have cosmetic blemished from racing.

Yeah I'd definitely go with a taller rear end if you are going to go with that tire size. I've considered those tires soooo many times but I really didn't want to get into Miata diameters on a mk2. Even the 225/50-15s I currently run, which are a lot taller, I still ended up going to a 4.1 rear to keep the revs where I want them. Though I miss the off the line grunt with the 4.3s for sure.

I guess you run streetable tires for enduro. Lots of good race only tires for 15s in slightly taller diameters last I looked, but its been a little while.

1281 - 1291 of 1291 Posts