Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
oops!! i wonder how big a shot of NAWZZZ he was running to cook those pistons like that!

EDIT: never mind i just read the post, holy overrev batman!!

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
OMG that must suck !!!!! I have a friend that did the same on his New Celica GTS.

·
Registered
138 Posts
damn that is funny

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
2ZZGE

well that was tottally fuxked up... that is such a dumbass... but Yeah the 2ZZGE Celica has a close 6 speed and people mis shift on those cars too...

there was an incident back at toyota dealership that a guy test drove a new celica and misshift from 5th to 1st insted of down shifting to 3rd... well it did not blew the bottom end like the RSX-S but it broke the intake camshaft in two pieces... that was a really messed up...

BTW... have you guys seen how to adjust the vavle adjustments/ shims of the 2ZZGE engine...???

Jay

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sheesh! Kids these days. :roll: Somehow I don't think he wasn't paying for the car to do something like that!

Kid doesn't know how to shift and then is taking the engine apart, now that is SCARY! :shock:

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Maybe he should stick to automatic transmissions from here on out....

·
Registered
516 Posts
Downshift said:
Maybe he should stick to automatic transmissions from here on out....
Haha yea thats about right, :p what was he thinking

·
Registered
793 Posts
As far as I know this is pretty much impossible. If Im downshifting to a stop sign, I cant get it in 1st until about 10-15mph, unless I bash the hell out of the shifter (which I try not to do, even when "showing off") I would think then 5th @7k to 2nd would be AT LEAST very difficult to put in, if not impossible, so I guess if you rammed it in there and didnt realize it then you get what you deserve :)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I don’t know if you guys or gals read the thread, but who ever was driving is a freaking DUMB ASS. He was in 5th gear at 7K rpm's and down shifted to gain some more speed. Look at one of those pics there is a 25 MPH sign (my guess they were going around 80MPH). Those kinds of people should have their license revoked.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
It's possible to do that sort of thing with modern gearboxes, many of which have double-row synchros. I did a similar thing in my Supra (5th->2nd instead of 5th-4th) which would have been impossible with my old W58, but it's quite easy with the JZA80 W58 thanks to double-row synchros on 2nd and 3rd. Luckily I didn't destroy the engine, but I did bend the pressure plate! :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Norbie said:
It's possible to do that sort of thing with modern gearboxes, many of which have double-row synchros. I did a similar thing in my Supra (5th->2nd instead of 5th-4th) which would have been impossible with my old W58, but it's quite easy with the JZA80 W58 thanks to double-row synchros on 2nd and 3rd. Luckily I didn't destroy the engine, but I did bend the pressure plate! :(
Heh, sounds like you aren't qualified to drive such a high powered car, Norbie. Tell you what, I'll take it off your hands for free before you break it, I'll even drive up to Brissie to take it off your hands :mrgreen:

And pigs might fly I hear you say.... LOL

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I cannont beleive how much damage that engine took. Everything is broke, the engine the tansaxle, and on a new car...whew...the worst i've ever seen with a celica gts is bent exhaust valves and a bent pressure plate, toyota makes a shift kit to lengthen the distance between gears...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts