1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gizmodo Article said:
When You Shouldn't
At Large Events
Every time I go to a nighttime sporting event or concert, I see hundreds of starry flickers coming from the stands. When I see them, I die a little inside...
http://gizmodo.com/5376271/giz-explains-when-not-to-use-your-cameras-flash

You know who you are. You decide you want to take a few pictures of your car, or some parts, or your interior. You hastily snap away, ignoring the lonely little lightning bolt button on your camera's case.

Please, stop the cycle of horrible photographs. The camera is a tool, learn to use it correctly or put it down.

--billyM

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Harsh. This use of a flash in a large arena is entirely appropriate when all you want is a clear photo of the back of the head of the person sitting in front of you...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Harsh. This use of a flash in a large arena is entirely appropriate when all you want is a clear photo of the back of the head of the person sitting in front of you...
Jeff,

You could not have stated it more perfectly! My hats off to you sir. :laugh:

I ued to sort of understand the stupidity of this when everyone was shooting film and they didn't know that it did not work until they got their film developed. Now with digital the camera shows you right after you took the picture that you were a dumbass. Yet, the dumbasses still exist and keep trying.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Yes, we're back to the clinical definition of crazy behavior: doing the same (dumb) thing the same (dumb) way and expecting a different outcome...

"What it didn't work that time either? What's wrong with this darned camera!? Maybe I just have to hold it up higher..."

·
Registered
562 Posts
The art of taking pictures is something I'm not familiar with haha. I guess once my Supra is once again worthy of being photographed I'll make sure to do it right so as to not feel the wrath of the Supra OGs.
No worries! We'll help you out. Sooner or later we will have to do a SE Va Supra photo shoot. I have all sorts of ideas in my head. Just need the time and the cars to make it happen. :rolleyes:

·
Founding Member
6,401 Posts
Unless I'm the one sitting in front of you, in which case the reflection would be blinding to the people in at least three rows back. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts