Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around this time.........maybe?

copy pasted from another forum

This woman came to the collage auto shop the other day saying that here brakes were making noise.

I got the work order to find and fix the problem. I drove the car onto the rack and the nosie her brakes were making was like fingernails on a chalk bord. I have never herd brakes sound that bad before.

I took off the wheel and was shocked. I just had to take a picture or two. I had to explain to her that she had to buy new rotors, new pads, and had to have the calipers rebuilt to fix her brakes. She said something about not wanting to spend the money right now ($160ish) and asked If I could just put her car back togeather.

My teacher ended up telling her that he could not give the car back with out the problem being fixed. She said she did not see a problem with the rotors below till we showed her a new one.

This is why I have alwas said... If you know nothing about cars then you should not be able to own one. There should be a basic test about cars that shows you know how to take care of one before you can own one. Nothing hard or anything... just how often you need to have stuff inspected, changed, replaced.

·
Registered
92 Posts
haha i agree with you on the everyone should have to pass a basic maintance test before owning a vehicle haha and for those rotors.. wow im savin that pic. i dont think ive ever seen that bad of a rotor before haha

·
Registered
357 Posts
haha. I've seen that a few times, usually people complain about a bad brake peddle or long stopping distances... go figure.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Emailing that to my teacher haha.

I had a girl pull u in front of the shop where I work. The tread of her LF tire peeled off leaving only the sidewall and metal. Tire was still inflated and at proper inflation level. She said she left the rest of it on the highway.

She walked up to me and asked me if she needed a new tire...

"Well no mam. You go get your tread. I got some Super Glue here in my box. $10 and I'll have you back on the road in no time haha."

The joy of being able to think things silently in your head.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
ive never seen some one cut through half a rotor like that before. thats impressive. ill bet the first time she goes to use her new brakes her face slams the steering wheel.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
damn is that a new design?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
<< Raises hand >>

When I was young & dumb (21 yrs old), I was selling my old blue '85 Supra (p-type, auto, cloth int). Had a couple come look at the car & they wanted to have it inspected at a repair shop. Shop mgr came out & told me the front brakes were in serious need of replacement. They took me out to the shop area & showed me the brakes & that's almost what the front right rotor looked like!! :ugh:

I had the car for almost 3 years and hadn't touched the brakes until a few days before I sold it!! :eekfacepalm:

Thankfully I've learned a few things in the past 12 years to not do that again!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Awwww, wassamatter wif youse? Just grind dose ruff ribs off 'n send 'er down da road! Let Darwin take care of the rest! :zzzzz:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Ive seen a rotor like that at my old high school. Came off a Crown Vic. I was staring at it on the floor for awhile until I realized wtf it was. Then I shat bricks. =O

1 - 13 of 13 Posts