Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 85' Ive been working on for over a year now and the last thing i need before I think its got a shot at a OP inspection is a windshield.... Ive searched which feels like everywhere, called all the auto glass shops with in a hour radius, checked all over online, called scrape yards, and only one ive seen in 3 months is in Quebec. Ive tried email and phoning but they only speak french. So my question is, is there a place that still sells replacements that i can get shipped to me? Or do you just have to get lucky and come across a good one? I'm from BC, canada. Thanks!
Also if anyone has one in good condition laying around and is willing to sell it and ship it to me would be greatly appreciated as well.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I just talked to a good local glass installer and he got me one in 3 weeks. No problemo.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I had one put in a few months ago no problem. Took a few weeks for my guy to get it. A cheap or crappy glass shop that doesn't want to bother with older cars will just tell you they can't get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally found a windshield locally after convincing a small auto glass shop i was serious about it. He told me alot of places wont even try and look for you due to the windshield being so expensive, apparently the glass shop sees the price and doesn't think anyone would buy it so they don't bother and leave you hanging. So if your hunting yourself BE PERSISTENT lol The glass shop i went through only was able to find the one in texas and got it sent to me with in a couple days. Process took about 4 days 860$CAN installed. All said and done very happen i have a new windshield and the car can finally go in for a OP inspection! Recommend "sids auto glass" for anyone looking to get glass work done in Abbotsford, BC. Friendly, fast and seems to do great work!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I paid around 550 CAD installed a couple years ago. But I was willing to wait around a month for it to be ordered and delivered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts