Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Got duplicates cut at my local Ace Hardware:
'83 locks: Cole # T020A <$5
'85 hatch: ILCO # TR33-P <$5

Depends on what year - right? (82 & 83 shorter) thinking that's where the "20" comes from on my Cole # above
'82-83: http://www.buyhardwaresupplies.com/?t=5&itemNumber=54119

'84+
TR33-P (plastic- not shown in pic) http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/u339879

TR33-NP (no plastic) http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/0852285

The key I got with my '85 hatch is a "Silca" from Italy?? (Silca-Supra-lol)

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
IF you have your 4 digit key code the dealer will cut the key for you, if not you will have to go to a locksmith or Ace/HD etc. and duplicate the key there...

So help me out...

You get the OEM blanks from Toyota and have a local Ace / Home Depot / etc cut the key to match you car?

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Mr. G no 85 keys??

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes!!!
Anyone Can cut them.

Greg, Your stash looks like mine:loser:

Part # for the flat metal keys 90999-00085
That is STRICTLY for celica and 82-84 Supra

The stubby looking rubber key that greg has pictured (Far Left Key) is for the 85 ignition. This is the key that no one carries because only the 85 and 86 supra used them.

They are nice, The rubber is fairly solid. Been using for a year now and still looks brand new. I bought 3 of those, 1 or 2 of the rubber celica keys, and 3 of the metal celica keys to use as spares.

Seriously guys, these are nice. If you look at my keychain you would never guess I was driving a 25 year old car.

Also, As Rich Said. If you pull a door handle out, Mark can precut your keys for you.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Spook... rubber headed key in my pic also works the 84 ignition too.
So did the 84 also come with the high shoulder ignition???

I figure it would work in all, but only the 86 and 85 needs as far as I knew.

hmm. now im confused lol:32:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Pop out the lock cylinder in the passenger door and read the code off to someone at Toyota. I've got lovely keys with rubber heads now. Much better than the worn out crap that I got with the car. Less than $10 per key. Unfortunately, they don't say Toyota on them.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
The black headed key (90999-00105) - Retail - $12.57 CS.com Member - $9.43

Silver Key (90999-00095) - Retail - $7.42 CS.com Member - $5.57

Got back, thought I'd nail down some exact pricing. I can cut these keys before shipping them if I have a key code supplied during order. I have a very nice key machine here in the store.

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
For comparison I just paid $30 for a key for daughters Acura CL at the dealer...

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
HOLY CRAP... These exist (posting the Credit Card Key mentioned earlier)... Zomg AMAZING!

Mark, if you read this, and rubber headed key inventory is low, earmark 2 or 3 of those keys for me will ya? I'll have Llana pickup when she gets back into town around the 17th.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
For comparison I just paid $30 for a key for daughters Acura CL at the dealer...
Oh yeah...we have keys that cost $200 these days AJ...like most of the smart keys. The keys with the built in remotes...those are about $160. Even a simple transponder key blank is $50...we got it easy with our old cars
Mark, if you read this, and rubber headed key inventory is low, earmark 2 or 3 of those keys for me will ya? I'll have Llana pickup when she gets back into town around the 17th.
I've got a dozen on order right now, took orders for four, and inquiries for about 10 today (first day back from vacation). I'll probably be stock piling them for a bit so send Llana on in...all the guys enjoy seeing her.

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I've got a dozen on order right now, took orders for four, and inquiries for about 10 today
I'll expect a commission check for this, Marky Mark. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Bump for key INFO

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
There's some online options, it was another thread we discussed them in last. I actually found something locally too that looked like it would work, but I havn't tested that theory yet.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts