Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This one:

It's behind the glove box, near the ECU and in the same harness as goes through the firewall to the engine, it's a black wire with a red stripe. I can't any place for it to go and it's pissing me off pretty hardcore. I've only got a little bit more work before I can actually start this bad boy, and I'd like to have everything ready.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
POTATO
17,324 Posts
maybe for the glovebox light... been awhile, i forget

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The glovebox light is two wires, like blue and white or something...

Got the car started this evening, Blower motor didn't work. I'm going to check around some more tomorrow, haven't really looked at that specific stuff...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just realized I never mentioned, It's a Black wire with a Red stripe.

·
Registered
515 Posts
That looks like the glove box light to me. And if it isn't, then its operating a very simple circuit (just like a glove box light, haha).

Take a DMM and test for power with the lights on and the glove box open. This should start you off in the right direction.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Not the lamp, as he stated, it requires 2 wires, and this is a single prong plug.
What year is the car ? Auto / Man ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's an 83 Ptype Manual.

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
That plug has something to do with auto trans function, not plugged in to anything in a 5 spd. Definitely NOT blower motor power.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That plug has something to do with auto trans function, not plugged in to anything in a 5 spd. Definitely NOT blower motor power.
Excellent. Thank you so much for the info. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts