Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the fuel filter?..
is under the intake manifold?...i have to change it but i dont know were is it-...
if you send pictures is better...or exactly wher is it whir the repair manual indicated because i coudn't find it.

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Under the intake manifold, behind and slightly above the left motor mount. Its easiest to change it from below from behind the LF wheel. Takes about an hour to do.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
you need a 17mm wrench or socket, depending how much you like to hurt yourself.

i wouldnt say an hour, but maybe if youve never done it before.

its a cylinder, about 3 inches long, maybe 1.5-2 inches wide, got fuel line on both ends, and its right where silvermk2 said it would be.
basically find the black bar that supports the intake manifold, and look to the rear of it, there should be a bracket with two 12 or 14 mm bolts holding the filter on.
id recommend removing the fuel pump fuse and starting the engine to burn the fuel outa the system as best i could, then loosen both 17mm bolts holding the fuel lines on, then and only then, removing the bracket.

i figure if your mechanically inclined you should be able to get it done in 30-45 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
depends on how old the thing is and how siezed on it is. The fuel filter has got to be the hardest maintenace item to change on the mk2. An hour if you haven't done it before is quite possible

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If you've never done it before, it may take a couple of hours. You get to the bottom fitting (banjo) from under the car. Not much room there, and watch out for gasoline dripping. And the top bolts are accessed from above.

Getting the bracket bolts lined up is another major pain.

After you get the filter off, try blowing through it. This will show you how clogged it is.

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
wow 30-45 minutes yikes, we'vehad to change filters so much b/c of having 3 cars that needed, we got down to changing the fuel filter in 15 minutes =)

the 1st time took about an hour though b/c we had no idea where it was/ what size this and that, etc.

·
Registered
202 Posts
make sure you're smoking a cig while doing this :eek:nfire:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
And make sure you have a friend handy with a Halon extinguisher, or a shovel to fill in the crater you made.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts