Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Man our cars are getting old and parts are getting harder and harder to find.. but when you find them they could be a knock off... omg..
Where do you peeps find parts like a timing belt kit. tensioner. pulleys. hmmmm

THanks
Man our cars are getting old and parts are getting harder and harder to find.. but when you find them they could be a knock off... omg..
Where do you peeps find parts like a timing belt kit. tensioner. pulleys. hmmmm

THanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rockauto has multiple options...
I double checked and nothing listed for a 1982. Hmm maybe later models have but if i understand correctly the tooth is styled differently and need to stick with that style belt. I do have a part number after checking out gates. But just trynna find a reputable place to purchase it. Maybe i can give a quick email see if they have any new made in stock. Kinda dont wanna buy a new 20 year old one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I double checked and nothing listed for a 1982. Hmm maybe later models have but if i understand correctly the tooth is styled differently and need to stick with that style belt. I do have a part number after checking out gates. But just trynna find a reputable place to purchase it. Maybe i can give a quick email see if they have any new made in stock. Kinda dont wanna buy a new 20 year old one.
For Rockauto you have to click on 82 celica then 2.8 liter then engine for timing belt for square tooth type or 83 year will list the most options for square tooth belt.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For Rockauto you have to click on 82 celica then 2.8 liter then engine for timing belt for square tooth type or 83 year will list the most options for square tooth belt.
Omg this helped
Thank you
Not sure why nothing is really posted in the celica supra side.. odd
didnt the celica only come in 22re... what? lol

But thank you so much
I will probably be purchasing all gates products.

·
Super Moderator
8,224 Posts
The Supra is a model of a Celica until 85.... Blame Toyota even there EPC has the parts listed under Celica.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I can't explain why Rock Auto has chosen to list most Celica Supra parts under Celica 2.8L while still leaving a few listed under Celica Supra. One would think it would be either/or. The bottom line is that Rock Auto sells parts for vehicles from all over the planet and the Celica XX was the JDM version that was more or less very much more like our standard Celica albeit with the longer front fenders of our L type along with the 5M and IRS. The Celica XX mechanical parts are all essentially identical to our Celica Supra parts. However, in many ways it's otherwise much more like a standard Celica inside and outside. One part that they list that I'm definitely sure won't work in out cars is the heater blower resistor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tend to find engine parts listed under Crown with 5MGE engine, I think they were actually made in bigger numbers.
I wish Toyota made a 'tradition' page like Audi have done..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts