Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After a lot of screwing around I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to buy a TrueTrac in Australia. :( So, where in the US is the best place to buy one? Of course I'd prefer a retailer who's prepared to put it in a box and send it to the other side of the world. :)

Any information appreciated. My diff sounds like it's going to explode any day, so I really need to take care of this soon!

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I can get the True-Trac for you Norbie, along with the proper OEM bearings. Please e-mail me, with your postal code, and I'll shoot you a quote right away. Hope to hear from you soon.
-Aaron

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey, Aaron, how much for the true trac and can you find a set of 3.42 gears to go along with it? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah ditto on that last point... I'm looking for a 3.7:1 or taller ratio (3.42:1 would be great) but I have a feeling that's asking for the impossible. :(

·
Registered
870 Posts
Norbie said:
Yeah ditto on that last point... I'm looking for a 3.7:1 or taller ratio (3.42:1 would be great) but I have a feeling that's asking for the impossible. :(
Not if you got the money! BTW, 3.42 gearing would've cost me additional $200 usd when I had trutrac installed and instead went with 3.73 gearing. So far I'm happy with it! Revs quite a bit lower on hwy (2350 rpm @ 60 mph vs 2800 rpm @ 60) especially with 17" wheels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hell, $200 isn't bad, I had one shop quote me $350 for the gearset then call me back the next day and say they actually couldn't get it, even at that price.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
are you sure about that? i thought ophir was the one with the 3.42's, and he's running a stock lsd, since his car had what 13kmi on it when he got it? i know don c. has a true trac but thought it was a 3.727 and he is using the truck tranny that is geared lower. then again, he could be running 3.42's with the truck tranny and it works out like a w58 with 3.727's.
william

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
maybe it was ophirs, but I think don said he had them too. I could be confused. I'm sure Junkie will pipe in soon enough to confirm or correct. My point is they're out there and can be had.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
they are used in a toyota truck, and they fit just fine into our diffs. Thats about what I know of it. Shawn (aka Junkie) should have the rest of the info your looking for. Sometimes he doesn't check the forum that regularly, give him a PM and he should get back to you though.

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
yeah, shawn is who i got my info from, the only thing i dont remember for sure is the r&p of don's car, the rest of it is correct, even the truck tranny( w55 i beleive) in don's car.

as for the 3.42's, they are in the toyota pickups with 7.5in r&p's i dont know the firewall code for them or the exact years, but you should be able to jack the truck up and check. not very hard.
william

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I'll be selling the Tru-trac LSD for $399, plus shipping. Retail is $452 and change. You'll also need new bearings, which run $47 ea. I'll do some hunting for gears. Later folks.
-Aaron

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
not to undersell aaron, but reiderracing.com has the truetrac for under $300. i paid $304 + shipping for mine and last i called it was in the $280 range. also, they sell the bearings for $90 for the pair
william

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
williamb82 said:
not to undersell aaron, but reiderracing.com has the truetrac for under $300. i paid $304 + shipping for mine and last i called it was in the $280 range. also, they sell the bearings for $90 for the pair
william
"not to undersell Aaron, but...."

Congratulations...you JUST DID!

Sometimes I really wonder why he bothers trying. You guys are going to make it physically impossible for him to stay in business if you keep this crap up.

You ask him for a price...and he gives you a fair price, then you shop him anyway and announce it to the ENTIRE FLIPPING GROUP that you found it for less, or already GOT IT for less elsewhere.

*shakes his head*

·
Registered
15,035 Posts
sorry but over $100 usd is alot, espeacially when you have to pay shipping to australia. anyway, i posted that price over 6 months ago when i bought it, so this isnt the first time i told how much i paid. and thats the first time iver heard aaron even mention he can get the truetrac. if it was close i wouldnt mention it but $120 is quite a bit. hate to burst your bubble but not all of us are rich and its well known everyone wants the best possible price, thats why we institute group buys and such. if you dont like the fact i made that post, tuff. i like aaron, he is a cool guy, but not all of us can afford those prices and therefore are going to look for better deals, and when we find better deals, the majority of us are going to share the info, and thats all i did. for all i know reider racings price could be cheaper then aarons current truetrac supplier. but then again reider racing is a 4x4 shop and sells alot more truetracs then aaron ever will which is why their price is so much cheaper. sorry if i was trying to help norbie out, he is the one who started this thread.
william

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
William,

I have no beef with you bro. I'm more upset at the situation than anything else. It's hard to stay competitive in the import parts market. There is always someone bigger who can buy cheaper.

It just concerns me, because Aaron is working as many deals as cheaply as he possibly can...but he's got to make SOME profit in order to keep Rabid Chimp in business.

I didn't mean to come off like an ass - I just know how it is to be a sole proprietor. Keeping your doors open is sometimes very very difficult. I know not everyone is made of money - obviously since we are driving 20 year old cars. However, I try whenever I can to get stuff from Aaron...because his prices are usually close enough to the big boys that I don't mind the extra few bucks.

PS: And for the record William....your statement in the PM about me making "a buttload of cash" - you're so far off the mark it's not even funny.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.