Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used my last 85+ oil pump on my cressida, I needed my extra 5m motor to get it running so I used the oil pump that was with it, which was the one for my 7m... now I'm short one.

Long story short, I'm looking to buy a new 85+ oil pump. I looked around on ebay and I'm not sure weither it's 85+ or not (about $160+shipping). I priced one at Toyota for $303.

Any ideas???

I'm thinking about cutting and rewelding the 7m oil pump but would much rather just use a new 85+ pump.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
its for which ever pan you want
except it was used on an 85 pan
but an 84 will work if you remove some baffeling I BELIEVE

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if you can guaruntee based on comparison then I'll most likely want it. I'm using an 85 pan, but if it's not the right depth then I don't want it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I ended up going to rockauto.com and ordered a oil pump. Here's the page:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1278435,parttype,5564
I bought the $99.79 one, thinking that it would be perfect, it says AISIN.. which is the brand I want. So I ordered it. Then yesterday I went back to look it up, noticed a "More Info" button and clicked it. Someone look what is posted as an oil pump picture. Lol...

So I called rockauto.com and got a set of instructions on how to do a return. But now I searched the part number on google ("AISIN OPT063") and it gave me this website:
http://www.yiparts.com/Part/py/SOOVS

So I'm in the dark here, is it the wrong picture on rockauto.com and the right product. Or just wrong all together?

Lol... I'm waiting like 30 million days for the damn thing to ship. 10 business day delayed shipping, I paid with an eCheck (so like four days for that to clear), then actual shipping time. AND! I can't decide wether or not to order another oil pump to speed the process up.

FML

Tony

(Also, I just looked under 1984 and 1986 on rockauto's website, the Aisin isn't even listed. I called in and showed them that what is listed under AISIN oil pump is not correct, they haven't bothered it fix it)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Or you can always have my 7m oil pump and cut it.
Well, that's easier said then done. Plus there's risks, such as no oil pressure and a blown up engine. :eekfacepalm:

So I'm going to try and get a 85+ pump.

Thanks for the thought, I have plenty of 7m pumps.

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts