Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally time to restore my 85 from top to bottom. First things first, where can I find a good deal on a 5m-ge engine, mine's dead. Any websites or places ? I could use any help if anyone is in the san antonio area... Are there any specials for members of this site ? I plan on fully restoring so websites or info on all parts for the car will be helpful.
Thanx to all the supra owners out there !!!!!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, to make a long story short, I own an 02 se-r spec v sentra, but payments got outta hand. So that's where nismo came from, deep inside i've always been a trd fan. Anyways, basically from what i've heard, most of my engine's seals broke causing a major oil leak that destroyed the engine. I haven't had time to break the core open to see the extent of the damage, but the engine did have 140,000 miles on it. The other thing is, isn't it cheaper to get a used engine than to overhaul the used one. I've been out of the supra crowd for a while and I'm trying to gain as much knowledge as possible to tackle this project correctly.

One more thing, does the 6m engine need a different wirng harness, or is it a straight drop in over the 5m ?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, so when it comes down to it, i'm a driver, not too much of an under the hood guy. So. with that said, my dad says to look for a long block and we'll go from there, so where to find a long block ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.