Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 that has a blown engine (connecting rod right through the block). So what I was wondering was where would the best place to look for a 5mge engine be in Canada?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i cant suggest anywhere in bc that could help you locate a motor, but id say your best bet is to find a running but rusty/damaged supra or cressida and swap the motor into your car.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I'm located in Washington state, and can provide you with a low mileage 6mge engine, with new cam seals, oil pump driveshaft seal, main seals, valve cover gaskets, water pump, and timing belt installed. The price for this engine (shipping not included) is $1052. Take care.
-Aaron

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rabid Chimp - I assume since you are in Washington that your price is in American money? also, what would the shipping cost on that, roughly?

Im new to the whole engine swaping deal, so could you fill me in on what the differences between a 5mge and 6mge would be? are all the mounting holes ect the same?

·
Registered
189 Posts
the mounting is pretty much the same i'm pretty shure. and the only diff's between engine's technical wise are it's a 3.0L instead of the 2.8L. the 6m is going to add about 30-60 horse i belive just with the diff engine. then you can mod it alot and it will be alot more powerful than the 5m. i was going to 6m from aaron also but have to part the supra out due to wouldn't be able to put it on the road cause of insurance costs. but if i was you i'd definatly buy it from rabidchimp. it'd be a really nice investment. also i bleive you would have to use your oil pan unless he inlcude's it with the 6m. the 6m is pretty much a plug and play swap you can use the same ecu and everything. so either look for a used running supra engine or cressida in a junk yard as long as it's running or go with rabidchimp 6m. some one correct me if my info isn't correct thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Shipping for the engine to B.C. will cost you approximately $125. If you e-mail me [email protected] with your Canadian postal code, I'lll get a definite rate quote for you. The 6mge is a direct replacement for your mutilated 5mge. Tranny, motor mounts, etc, all line up perfectly. You will, however, have to use your 5mge wiring harness, since the harnesses that come on these 6mge engines are hacked up. If you have emissions testing there, you may also want to use your 5mge intake manifold, as the 6mge manifold does not have provisions for the EGR (exhuast gas recirculation). I hope this info helps!
-Aaron
p.s. My price is in US funds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
StrangeDesires said:
I have an 84 that has a blown engine (connecting rod right through the block). So what I was wondering was where would the best place to look for a 5mge engine be in Canada?
i`m in montreal(close to), i have a crashed 85,. 400$and it`s yours.
marc at [email protected]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
marc - thanks for the offer, I have a couple leads in town to check out but Im not too sure if there going to check out or not. If not you might be hearing from me.

Emohawk - thanks man, its always cool when you can come to these types of places and meet people in your area

·
Registered
199 Posts
I need a 5mge in ohio

I'm looking for an engine in ohio. found some in canada, but damn epa won't let me import the engines. not up to us epa specs.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
i have an engine and car with headers, exhaust system,lowering springs and lots of extra parts that i wanted tosellfor $1000. i'm in Alberta, don't have a clue on shipping though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts