Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO yeah, looking into putting a new carb on my 20r toyota truck. Looking to go weber, just trying to decide which one whether I want the 34 or 32/36 or what.

The truck is fairly stock, upgraded exhaust but stock manifold. I might get a header for it a little later but not gonna plan on it for sure.

Just looking for opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
32/36 is the way to go Scott...should be K746 if memory serves me well. I always used the Transdapt 2120 ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-2120/ ) adapter rather than the Redline two plate that came in the kits...less chances of the plates leaking (which most did) and no need to relocate the EGR. On your truck it whould work great without having to give the throttle linkage a 'lift kit'.

Now...want something even better? Find an Offenhauser dual plane 20R manifold...AWESOME low end torque, with a great mid range. They used to make them to fit Weber to 20R...don't know if Offy manifolds are even still available.

I have a little past experience with Webers...

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well To be honest. I am still even considering whether or not to buy a new carb. Im still trying to sell my truck and dumping another 300 into it is not going to help the profit I will be making off it.
I want to sell it to buy a cheapo 4x4 to get me through the winter and then dump the rest into my supra..
Thanks for the opinions tho, looks like 32/36 is the way to go if I do indeed buy a new carb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts