Votes: 0 0.0%
  • clutch masters

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive been looking around for a new performance clutch but im not sure which one i should go with ..... the four that i have seen are the act centerforce and the clutch masters and the unorthodox which seems a little expensive im wanting a stage one or two

thank you,
Cody Harrell

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I have a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and I like alot :wink: :p

·
Registered
430 Posts
Definatly ACT centerforce clutches are pieces of S***! I had a dual friction that I broke the springs on the pressure plate when my 6M was still NA! not to mention the throw out bering ate through the pressure plate.

quote="CodyH"]hi ive been looking around for a new performance clutch but im not sure which one i should go with ..... the four that i have seen are the act centerforce and the clutch masters and the unorthodox which seems a little expensive im wanting a stage one or two

thank you,
Cody Harrell[/quote]

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
85TurboMKII said:
Definatly ACT centerforce clutches are pieces of S***! I had a dual friction that I broke the springs on the pressure plate when my 6M was still NA! not to mention the throw out bering ate through the pressure plate.
85TurboMKII... I have heard about the complains about the Centerforce Clutch Stage III (Dual-Friction)... I have this on my 6M N/A and also when I have turbocharged my 6M running 6psi... I have not yet seen any problem with this since I have taken the tranny apart twice due to the rebuilt on my 6M when I blew the headgasket last year running the turbo... I might say there are only a few good remarks about this Centerforce clutch... I have read the past posts at yahoo list about the centerfoce and feared that it might also happen to me... but to luck and good car of the clutch... no problem at all...

as of now... I have made about 30 passes at the strip... that is 29 passes with the 6M N/A and only one pass for the turbo 6M.... but with the increase power added by the turbo... it hold up to my demands... even running a set of DOT slick tires on the rear...

Jay

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I also run the center force but I only have the II not the dual friction and it has held up well with the 6M and the turbo now installed. Not one problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well so far it looks like most of you like the act more..... i have one more question my car is bone stock at the momment but eventually i will be running turbo hopefully so would you go with the stage one or two

1 - 7 of 7 Posts