Which wheels do you like better?

• 17" x 8.5 Borbets

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in a bit of a bined i can eather get my rims straightend or im going to get a set of centerlines just like suprawes ..... what do you like better 17" x8.5 Borbets or 16"x8 Centerlines? If you cant see the pics log on to http://www.imagestation.com or you can go to my yahoo look in mkII at the end.
Dave

Borbets

Centerlines

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
the 17's are nice and big :yumyum:
and the 16's are Shiny *ohhh shiny* :bling:

its all up to what you want :whistle:

·
Registered
124 Posts
The centerline's look cool and make the car look tough and sporty. The 17's look too dull and fake like plastic. I'd go with the polished aluminum 16's.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
the 17" borbets remind me of crappy hubcaps IMHO, sorry to say.

centerlines!!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I believe those are the Centerlines on Wesley's MkII - and I like them a lot...they look correct on a Supra. I don't know that there is a car out there that the Borbets would look good on (IMO).

Not to offend anyone, but the Borbets make the car look like a Matchbox car.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think im going to go with the centerlines -- i love the Borbets but only on a black supra like in my avicator those are the same rims --- so i think i will save the Borbets till i paint the supra black and get a new boddy kit restoring me back to my frist mk2 my black 83 you see in my avicator.
Dave

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Naah. Still ike the Centerlines better.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Personally, I don't like either, but maybe I'm just weird. I suppose if it was down to those 2 choices, yeah, the centerlines would be the lesser of two evils. They are shiny, I'll give them that, but I guess I'm one with the old fashioned wheels. Just my $0.02 (which isn't even worth that :wink: )

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
onedic said:
how about with black and ground effects
Dave,

the Borbet's have no old school to them. They look too modern and just don't belong on the car. No offense, they're beautiful rims, i've seen them on a couple of late 80's mustangs and they look great. They just don't look like they belong on a timeless car like the mk2. The centerlines are a much better choice hands down.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not to be a naysayer, but I really like onedics old black '83. I personally think those are some sweet wheels. I would go ahead and get them repaired, then you can run some 255/40's in the rear 8)

Coming from someone with a black '82 with a body kit...

However, neither of them compare to those 4 spoke Work wheels....those are badass! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
the Borbet's have no old school to them
I beg to differ :D They're all about the oldschool. They've got that whole 80's Ferrari/F-body thing going on. I think they're pretty cool, they fit the car. Very angular. I like the centerline wheels as well. Just looking at those two pics, I'd say that the 17s look better size wise on the car.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well one thing you have to know is my car duse sit a bit lower then suprawes but dispite what every one has bean saying i think the Borbets are all about old school. thats a 80s rim for a 80s car but im going to get the centerlines cuz if i do i can still get mt borbets fixed one by one and in the fucher when i get my car painted i will have 3 rims to play with. if i get my borbets fixed now i wont by the centerlines so i think i will go with more rims --- i acualy have a 15" rimm too for the car so i will have a set of 14s 15s 16s and 17s for my supra. How do you like that :lol: :bling:

ps id still like some braids 17x8 10off 17x9 0off

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Its lower now!! Not by much, about 3/4" when I measured after installing the Eibachs, they may have settled some by now though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts