Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was gray cloth ever an option with the white exterior?

I was looking at pictures of a nice gray/black interior (that red one on ebay) and imagined gray would look really nice with white. Anyone, by chance, have picturtes of this combo or do a swap and have pictures?

Take the long way home.
Scott

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
That would definitely look nice. I dont know if they ever made them. Im sure one of our fellow Supra enthusiasts could help you out on that.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Official word from the Engcyclopedia (aka Mr. Wizard)....

82 - 83 Code 035 Super White's had the Terra Cotta interiors. "Some" 83's had the Black interiors, but they were all Black. No Gray in them.

84 - 86 Code 040 Super White's had either the Maroon or Blue interiors. None had the Black/Gray interiors.

This is according to the US Sales Brochures. There is a remote possibility that the Canada spec cars may have this, but I'm not sure at the moment, my copy of the Canada 85 brochure is at home.. :oops:

Damit Mr. Hamons!!!! After all of those Maroon interior parts I sent you last year, you better not be thinking about changing to Black/Gray!!!! :nutkick:

(edit)... Looked at my copy of the Canadian 85 brochure last night. Canadian Alpine White (re: Super White), only came w/ the Maroon interiors. No Blue at all.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Id like to see a white mk2 with Gray Int too :p ...... (a bit on the off topic) I made my Black 84 with Blue int :? I like it better than the gray Ltype Int it had

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Oh no way!!!! The Black 84 had the L-Type interior???? Since it has the hatch spoiler, I'm assuming Cloth??

PM me w/ the trim code!!!!

·
POTATO
17,179 Posts
my aunts L-type has a purple cloth interior, lol, well what's left of it anyway. I assume it was supposed to be blue.
Grey and White would look decent, allthough I've had grey seats, and I thought they were kinda boring in my black car.
good luck

·
Registered
35 Posts
White w/gray... Definitely a cool combo.

I don't like many white cars, but white is definitely one of the MKII Supra's better colors. White with gray cloth or black leather would be my pick.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CJSREDPRA said:
Damit Mr. Hamons!!!! After all of those Maroon interior parts I sent you last year, you better not be thinking about changing to Black/Gray!!!! :nutkick:
Nope. No need to worry Chris. I have waaaay too many extra maroon parts, in addition to those already in the car, to consider a swap. I like the maroon cloth no matter what others may think of that color. After all the trouble finding maroon parts in good shape I wouldn't want to go thru that again in order to find gray. Plus, I don't want to pull the interior apart for a third time! My Celica GTS has brown cloth and that looks nice as well. I brought up this color scheme after seeing some pictures of that clean gray cloth. It definitely would look good.

Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts