Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey George,

Do you still have the Whiteline front and rear sway bar kits available for my 85 Celica Supra? I have heard that they have been discontinued by the manufacturer, but not sure if any are still in-stock.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
I had a few that I sold off a couple of months ago, I've checked pretty much every major warehouse in the US and nobody has any. So right now the only way to get them is if someone is selling them, or by fluke if some random company has a set lying around. TONS of companies advertise them, since they rarely sell MK2 parts they have no idea they are discontinued.

I forgot the numbers, but in order to put them back into production Whiteline needs me to buy 80 sets....so yeah...no more Whiteline bars.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a shame. At least Addco is still available, I've just been turned off by the non-perfect fitment and non-adjustability of those. But, hey, it's better than nothing at all.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Addco has *always* had fitment issues. I remember buying some of their bars back in the early 1970's, and getting them to fit was a royal PITA.

Jim

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
I had a few that I sold off a couple of months ago, I've checked pretty much every major warehouse in the US and nobody has any. So right now the only way to get them is if someone is selling them, or by fluke if some random company has a set lying around. TONS of companies advertise them, since they rarely sell MK2 parts they have no idea they are discontinued.

I forgot the numbers, but in order to put them back into production Whiteline needs me to buy 80 sets....so yeah...no more Whiteline bars.
Ill buy a set so that's one .....

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Guys...I don't want to be the big party pooper but we barely sold 1/4 of that number when they were a LOT cheaper. It's sad but I honestly don't ever see this happening. We don't need 80 people to post on here that they want them. We need 80 people to pay full pop and wait many many months for whiteline to make another 80 and ship them across the ocean. I have tried more than I care to let you all know but they are not budging, the numbers were too low and it just wasn't worth it to keep the MK2 bar.

In all actuality I'd need about 55-60 sets sold...I'd buy the rest and stock them but even that is impossible...these aren't Z's...we just don't have the numbers.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Understood, George.

Just curious, but what did these cost before, and what would they cost now, based on buying 80 units?

It might be better if somebody just packaged the correct hardware to make ADDCO bars fit our cars!

For all my griping about them, the bars themselves seemed pretty well made, but the mounting hardware, and instructions, were a very bad joke.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Jim they were $252 for front and $198 for the rears....they were cheaper when they first came out. Can't really remember what but nothing crazy.

Regarding the Addco's, the reason I started dealing with Whiteline is that I had major concerns with the customer service...and that's pretty much all I can say on that subject.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Thanks, George.

Yeah, I went through H3LL trying to get ADDCO bars installed on several of my own cars, along with several customer cars at the little sports car repair place a friend of mine and I run years ago.

It was always the same issue; the mounting hardware was either cheesy quality, didn't fit, or failed in use. The links could be patched together from some American car stuff like one of the forum members is doing, but the mounts to the frame were always bending up, and the rubber cushions usually didn't fit very well.

I'm one of those guys that would rather have softer spring rates so the wheels follow the road, and make up the difference with increased roll stiffness.

Jim

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have a rear one need the front only but would take a full set to get a group buy going

How about getting a real number with members who have the cash to see how close or far we are are to that 80 mark?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a rear one need the front only but would take a full set to get a group buy going

How about getting a real number with members who have the cash to see how close or far we are are to that 80 mark?
I know George already shot the idea down, but just in case for future reference I could do the cash.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts