Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any pics?

I just purchased mine today. I'd rather opt for a Power Brute, but the cost stopped me ($500+). I think I paid just under $500 for the '-trac and the build kit. Is that a good price? Got it from Reider Racing.

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
thats about right. i bought mine for ~$300 and then all the bearings and seals for ~$150. btw, i got a 3.727 non-lsd diff to install it in today. ill finally have it ready to install when i get a new mkii to put my 7mgte in. woohooo.
william

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! I think mine was to be delivered today, but I wasn't home to receive it :pat:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Brute

Is this a locker setup?

I've found a 3.91 and 3.727 gear setup in my local yard, non-LSD. Is this what I'd need to make them good for my 7MGTE swap?

Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Super Moderator
8,413 Posts
The True Trac is a limited slip not a true locker, which is what you really want in a car. Personally I think the True Trac is a nice little unit. I went with the Power Brute mainly because I wanted a clutch plate type LSD. I'm more for the handling than the straight line thing, and everyone I talk to says to go with clutch type for that. For 99.9% of the people the extra $200 could be put to better use. I really like my Power Brute LSD, the thing works heaps better than the stocker. The car pulls really hard out from corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts