Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me. And I've been telling everyone I know, dont get it, it has more dangerous garbage in it than the actual flu its combating.

They wont tell you whats in it, but bits and pieces you hear floating around says that it has traces of lead and mercury in it. In essence there giving you heavy metal poisoning to fight off a virus? Are they insane? :ugh:

See for yourselves "one in a million chance" they say in the video, my ass. I hope this makes it around the internet. Be warned, the video is a little bit shocking and very sad....If you were on the fence with the decision to get it or not and this is not enough to convince you, I don't know what is...

:eekfacepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mScGC7nFDxM&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Took a friend to go get hers a few years back, and 2 weeks later, sure enough, flu. I never get shots, and I haven't been sick in years.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ever wonder why you dont get sick? I dont want it to sound all conspiracy like, but the way the government handles things is shitty, they are basically spreading the flu or something worse with these shots. Where does the flu come from, has to start somewhere to start being spread in the first place...

I stopped using aspirins when I get sick, I just use nasal spray and cough medicine. I used to get 2 or 3 really good colds during the winter. I get only one good one now but its never in the peak of things when everyone else is sick.

There is no way they are poking me with that shit.

If there are some conspiracy theorists that are lurking in here, and are interested, maybe I'll post up what I really think....

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
I'd say do your homework, make your own informed decisions. I've had my flu shot, and will get the H1N1 when it is available. Yes, the cheerleader story is extremely sad, and there have been rare cases in the past of similar side effects. Still, have to think about the many deaths already this year due to the flu, of either variety. If those families had to chance to get the vaccine vs. avoiding it, I bet they would do things differently.

I'm all for freedom of choice, as long as it comes with freedom of education.

Don L.

·
Premium Member
7,926 Posts
Don is very correct, especially if you have situations that would warrant getting or not getting either flu shot...

Being in public safety I will be getting both, and being over 50 I will NOT be getting the live virus versions...

Lots of info out there CDC, health departments etc...be an informed consumer is your best medicine!!

I'd say do your homework, make your own informed decisions. I've had my flu shot, and will get the H1N1 when it is available. Yes, the cheerleader story is extremely sad, and there have been rare cases in the past of similar side effects. Still, have to think about the many deaths already this year due to the flu, of either variety. If those families had to chance to get the vaccine vs. avoiding it, I bet they would do things differently.

I'm all for freedom of choice, as long as it comes with freedom of education.

Don L.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Mark me No - not getting it. Never get flu shots or the flu.
OT - to prevent "catching things" I am trying to stop shaking hands.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I haven't had one in about 15 years. When they build these immunizations, they guess on what strands of flu we might get an outbreak from. Every time I got a shot, I would get the flu something fierce several times during the season. The answer I got from the doc is that "they guessed wrong". Whatever, I hate needles anyway.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Wow, there is some misconception on this topic. The regular flu-shot consists of a small dosage of what makes up the actual flu virus's scientist believe will be of an issue for any given season. Given in a small amount like this in the form of a vaccination gives the body the ability to be introduced to the virus so it can identify it later down the road, quickly so it can fight off an any possible infection/ingestion of a flu bug possibly obtained..preventing you from getting sick in most cases.

Secondly, there are two flu vaccinations this year. If you want to give yourself the best chances of not getting the flu, you need both the regular flu vaccination and the H1N1 flu vaccination. They are two completely different vaccinations.

I have gotten a flu-shot every year for as long as I can remember. I already got the regular shot a few weeks ago, and plan on getting the H1N1 as soon as it is available in my area.

Hope everyone stays healthy this season!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I've, as well as my entire family, has never gotten flu shots. I gotten it the last four years only because the military pretty much forces me to. My family and I have never gotten the flu. I prefer not to get it. However this is not as painful as the Anthrax shot. It'll make you feel pain for a while.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got it and will get the H1N1 when it comes out also. People really need to see the big picture. My health = cash money$$$. I work around 5000 + inmates daily so I need to be protected!

·
Registered
31 Posts
To each their own, but...

One more topic where everyone is able to provide facts for acceptance or denial.

However, some "facts" seem to be pulled out of the clear blue sky (or, metaphorically speaking, someone's butt).

Fact: The U.S. government (via funding and direct research and development) has done a pretty good job of eradicating plenty of diseases in the past 100 years.

Leprosy? Polio? Measles? Mumps? For the majority of the nation, these are things of the past.

Fact: Children today are not as well-vaccinated today as 30 years ago - and there is a direct correlation between an increase in almost-eradicted diseases and said refusal for vaccines.

Far more often than not, those that do not receive immunizations will suffer the worst. All treatments can have negative aspects. Do what you think is best, for you and yours.

But do it with an educated decision, and not an emotional response to what you perceive as fact.

As well, be sure to sneeze away from my direction...

·
Premium Member
7,926 Posts
Blueplate very nice call...

For the peeps who "work when there feet hit the streets" they know what I'm relating to, in the past 10+ years 911 calls for EMS one can see a direct relationship between the fall of in vacinations and illness in children, elderly and extended families...

One more topic where everyone is able to provide facts for acceptance or denial.

However, some "facts" seem to be pulled out of the clear blue sky (or, metaphorically speaking, someone's butt).

Fact: The U.S. government (via funding and direct research and development) has done a pretty good job of eradicating plenty of diseases in the past 100 years.

Leprosy? Polio? Measles? Mumps? For the majority of the nation, these are things of the past.

Fact: Children today are not as well-vaccinated today as 30 years ago - and there is a direct correlation between an increase in almost-eradicted diseases and said refusal for vaccines.

Far more often than not, those that do not receive immunizations will suffer the worst. All treatments can have negative aspects. Do what you think is best, for you and yours.

But do it with an educated decision, and not an emotional response to what you perceive as fact.

As well, be sure to sneeze away from my direction...

·
Registered
31 Posts
What you need to be protected from is not the Flu, but Aids.
Huh?!!

Once again, "facts" are so twisted. As if the possibilty of contracting HIV is even possible - without having direct intimate contact or sharing materials that invade one's body (ex; hypodermic needles).

The myths surrounding HIV (and the later-appearing AIDS) is so pathetic - in today's world - it isn't funny...

... seriously.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
i usually get the flu shot every year or every other year. im not getting the swine flu shot though. no way. still to new. i dont think they really know enough about it yet, hence the case of that girl.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Since the subject has been brought up ...

NO, I will not EVER get a flu shot. Last year, was the 1st time my wife did .... yep, 2 weeks later, and to this day, we are dealing with health issues. She's "had the flu" since last November. Doc's call it anything and everythig, yet, nobody can "pinpoint" what is exactly wrong.

Her mom sent a link to a vid " i didn't watch the one posted", that at least gave her something to consider. Another battery of tests this week, and some other lab work over the next couple ... guess what ... they aen't even taking THAT, into consideration, yet, we can PINPOINT the illness down to that specific time frame.

Unfortunately, my son, will be getting all shots. He is/has been high risk since the day he was born .... all I can do is pray these shots don't have a negative effect on him.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I really do not get much of a choice on what the DOD wants to inject me with. Luckly have still been able to avoid Anthrax shot, but had the great "fun" of the Smallpox vaccine (it is kinda like getting a tattoo, itches like hell, but you can't touch it).

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as of now, not even the government themselves know what the side effects of the new vaccine are.... How safe do you really feel getting the vaccine with absolutely no idea what it could do to you?

Canada just ordered 50 million doses, 50 million! (population of canada is 32 mil) they don't even know the long term effects of it yet but it has been accepted for immediate use by health Canada!

I think this is crazy and people are making hasty decisions out of fear of an outbreak....

·
Registered
189 Posts
No shots for me either. I trust my own immune system more than any corporate produced shot. Plus, I quit smoking 10 weeks ago and feel pretty bullet proof.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
No shots for me either. I trust my own immune system more than any corporate produced shot. Plus, I quit smoking 10 weeks ago and feel pretty bullet proof.
Congrats on the smoking cessation Loren. I agree...have faith in my immune system...it weathers the flu really well. Never had a flu shot...don't ever intend to get one.

Jamie, you need to understand that the small levels of mercury preservative 'thimerasol' in the N1H1 is only harmful to infants and toddlers younger than age two. They haven't have the time for their body to complete the blood/brain barrier yet allowing them to be susceptible to mercury poisoning. After the age of two it really doesn't matter at the low dose they use. My wife is a registered nurse, and did a term paper on the use of Mercury based preservatives in vaccinations. Lots of conflicting info out there on it, especially its cause and effect on autism.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts