Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Who's got the youngest mk2?

14K views 76 replies 45 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
I was looking in the engine bay the other day, and noticed my VIN. I have number 9,907 (82). Just wondering, are there any younger ones here? Or older, depends on how you look at it.

Christian

#5 ·
LOL!!!!!

So we are asking about who has the newest, correct????

Other than yours, I know that Archie Bowles 86 P-Type has a 11/85 production date. And nobody (either here or on the Yahoo list) has come across a 12/85 production date MKII yet. Others????

#8 ·
Ah, now I get it....

So...... Does ANYONE have a August, September or October 81 production date 1982 MKII in their possesion???? Any 82 owners out there reading this???? Speak up!!!!!!

#9 ·
From the yahoo email list, Acebacker said -

Mine was built in July 1981 (no
402), however I think that in Australia, and perhaps in the US they went on sale in 1982.

#10 ·
ok, feeling stupid now, but where would i find the production date, and how do i decode it?

ive got 2 82s... i should probably figure it out eh,
and ive gotta remember to grab the firewall plate off my parts car too :D

ah, the memories of crushed knuckles

#12 ·
dogstar,

Open your drivers door & you'll find the build plate on it. "Assuming" that the door has not been swapped out. Stamped onto the plate, will be a month abbrev & the year (example: Sept 80, Nov 84, etc).

lil'devil,

Some of the early August 81 - January 82 MKII's have the Supra nosebadge/B-pillar badging on them, others will have the Celica Supra badging. They seemed to be pretty random. And treat those Supra badges like Gold, they are not that easy to find!!!! :shock:

#14 ·
Racefiend said:
I was looking in the engine bay the other day, and noticed my VIN. I have number 9,907 (82). Just wondering, are there any younger ones here? Or older, depends on how you look at it.

Christian
your acually talking here on the firewall production plate i think i posted mine on my website under my 82. cant remeber the year right now i know i have the plate some where in my room.. :wink: dont worry i replaced the doors and didnt want the vin's to be different

#16 ·
Racefiend said:

Christian
Are those the last numbers in the vin? If so, mine would 26,919 :(

#19 ·
jan 82 on the blapra

the crashpra... well, id need the jaws of life to open the door, and im too lazy to look under the hood today.

#20 ·
My 86 is #174808, 10/85. Guess its not the newest.
As per Mr. Eng my 86 has a production date of 11/85 and is #175681

More production information can be found on the RA/MA microfiche, list production dates and build numbers.

If anyone needs a set of microfiche I have extra sets email me

#22 ·
Someone has listed a August 81 build date. Go back & check. :oops:

#24 ·
hey guys i just checked my 86 and it was built in november of 85. is this one of newer ones??

how do i check the production number???

#26 ·
ok mines an 86 born on 11/85 and is number 276258

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.