Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
outputs in those engines show 170hp/210tq anyone know why?

also i have an 83 engine.. will the 84-85 d shaped intake runners fit with the 83 manifold?

·
Registered
253 Posts
hey i'm in downey too!

anyways, back to the topic, i would believe they are faster because of less emissions control??

i'm not sure though.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ive never heard of the MKII's in europe making that much power. Dont they have the 5M-E?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think they used both 5me and ge.. and that is a lot of hp and tq fora 5m.. so i dont know..

·
Registered
637 Posts
hey look we are ill in so-cal haha nice.
but am sure if it's a 5m-ge the numbers should be the same as us spec 5m-ge's? can anyone say false advertising? but if am incorrect someone please correct me because am really not so sure either.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
It's rated at more hp likely due to less emissions equipment. Also remember those numbers are at the flywheel. However, dyno any factory 5mge(stock intake/exhaust) car, euro or not, and you'd be lucky to break 135whp.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It's rated at more hp likely due to less emissions equipment. Also remember those numbers are at the flywheel. However, dyno any factory 5mge(stock intake/exhaust) car, euro or not, and you'd be lucky to break 135whp.
i took my car to the dyno and it dyno'd 487rwhp bone stock 5m-ge :sarcasm:

·
Registered
637 Posts
^^^^Did you not notice the sarcasm?................................

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
If it's from Wikipedia, it MAY not be reliable information as anyone can enter anything without basis. Don't take it as written in stone.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Road, there's not guarantee it's reliable, but there's no guarantee it isn't :) Hell, I could've been the one that started that article and you'd never know it if I kept my mouth shut. Of course others would try and help, but if they made my article incorrect somehow I'd thrash them haha.

Just to jump in and say it's unreliable cause it's on Wikipedia is like saying it's unreliable cause it's not a Toyota feel me? And that just ain't true.......all the time.

·
Registered
888 Posts
their is not a lot of difference between euro and USDM specs but if i compare those i have earn and clem US one that's true euro specs seems faster

the technical difference are :
no cat
no ISC valve
no O2 sensor

have dynoed mine 1982 MKII with 350 000 km at 160 at flywheel an 149 rwhp with 2.5 exhaust , 3" intake and ngk sparkplugs ( and the engine was needing a rebuid ..)but 82 are less power than my 84 but never dynoed her

euro mkII are mainly with the 5MGE , the 5ME is very rare and come on swiss model with auto tranny

all the best 5MGE stock i have seen were in a range of 160 170 hp at flywheel

i could understant that euro specs are faster in speed because of the "lightweight" of your euro specs and some more hp because of no cat and no emission control
do you think there could be other reason?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts