Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my '85 supra won't burnout when i hold the brake down. it's 2.8 L straight 6 engine. i turn the power switch on. put it in low gear, 2nd gear, D. i get nothing. i got 235 60/14 tires on it. is that the problem?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
addition

could it be because my differential is going out? when i change between drive and reverse the car shifts really hard. you can hear the knock. and it jumps, like it gots hydraulics. not allot, but it jumps.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
:eatcorn:

i say this thread wont last more than 2 days

·
Registered
131 Posts
Patients is a virtue unto its self.

Steve that was priceless.

Pachuco. There are great and very knowledgeable people here. Think twice, type once.
Welcome..... as strange as it may seem to you but, here its a very carefully
worded question, that is thought out in advance that gets the answer you
need to help you get down the highway of life with your Supra and Dignity
in tact,

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Ok, why do you neeeeed to burnout.. after you do some burnouts you will not only be not doing burnouts...you won't be driving, wear and tear. You saying you already have a hurting diff and transmission, obv. you aren't pushing power to easily do a burnout. Strain on the whole driveline.... horrible idea on basing mods specifically so you can burnout.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ok, why do you neeeeed to burnout.. after you do some burnouts you will not only be not doing burnouts...you won't be driving, wear and tear. You saying you already have a hurting diff and transmission, obv. you aren't pushing power to easily do a burnout. Strain on the whole driveline.... horrible idea on basing mods specifically so you can burnout.
Exactly!!! your car sounds like a piece of shit so why beat it down some more?

·
Registered
379 Posts
burnouts are super easy once you convert to a manual.

my 79 never would do a burn out either until i transplanted the magical 5 speed into it. then i did a few and lost interest in doing it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Patients is a virtue into itself.

Steve that is PRICELESS

Pachuco: There are some great and knowledgeable people here always willing to help.
But. Think Twice, type once. A very thought out carefully worded question
gets the right answer every time. Welcome.... Protocol and edicate will get
you all the answers you need to keep you and your Supra traveling down the
highway of life with your dignity in tact.

·
Registered
463 Posts
STP oil treatment on the tires. Works every time.:zzzzz:
In all seriousness though, people will sometimes poke at the new guy, to see if he is man enough to stick around, and learn. Your question is a little vague, and leaves too many variables open. If your experience is extensive, tell us what you have checked so far. If not, search words like "tune up", "compression test", and "transmission slippage", and avoid flaming the senior members.:nono: They are just providing a friendly initiation to the harsh world of a car forum.:thumbsup:

OR........................pull out the flame thrower, and have fun.:new_uklia Whatever.
PS: I have been doing burnouts in Supras since 1982. Never gonna stop. When they break, I fix em.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no need

i dont need to burnout, i just want to be able to. i'm not going to every minute of everyday. just to know my car has the potential to is good enough for me. of course my car is a peice of shit right now. i just got it.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Back in the day, we use to use bleach to do burnouts.....:eek4dance:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts