Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The hood struts are POWERFUL! Lift 5 " and it goes up fast! I used the old, shiny balls.
Got 'em on Amazon from one our members recommendations!

I have a bit of under-hood work to do.......Mount pusher fan, etc.

·
Premium Member
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes, no double wing but it has a rear wiper. 4 years old and the hatch goes up OK.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I can vouch for the fact that Dave's hatch struts very definitely open his hatch quite quickly and forcefully. The additional weight of our 85 - 86 hatch shade/wings, which isn't all that much, should be no problem for these struts.
This reminds me to thank Dave for reminding me (again) that if I installed these on my 85, the likelihood of me whacking my head anywhere on my hatch would drop to zero. Duh! I'll probably remember this the next time I get a head divot!

·
Premium Member
5,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Supra owners with thank me, Ray. If you are even close to 5 ' 11 ". I have some scars that are healing nicely.
Are you listening, Gamble? Darrow? Greg? :unsure:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Has anybody been able to vouch for the Lexus lift supports lifting/holding with the '85-'86 double wing??

@ddd228 - you have an L-type, so no wing, correct?
Ok I just installed the lexus struts (PN SG129006). Got them from rock auto. I had to buy new 10mm ball studs as struts on the car had no external clip for removal. The new struts lift and hold with ease on the 85 style double spoiler and wiper.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts